Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either my "search" finger is completely useless or there are no Red replacement lenses for the rectangular rear turn signals for the 2006 CMX250. Anyone know where I might find some?

·
Super Moderator
32,775 Posts
Turn signals are supposed to be amber, not red, which is for brake lights. Does your state inspect motorcycles?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No sir..............but the signal lights on my Trunk are Red. Didn't figure there was any problem. Am looking at these as replacements. 2X Motorcycle Red Lights LED Turn Signals Indicator for Honda Yamaha Kawasaki | eBay Guess maybe I should check State regulations.

...............well, I checked and here's what the State Statute says:

3. Shall be located at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable on the rear of the motorcycle and when in use shall display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of not less than five hundred (500) feet to the rear in normal sunlight;

So guess I'd be safe to go with the lights I linked to.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, No, flitecontrol, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I was thankful you made me question the legality. I was just reporting I checked and they are legal in Oklahoma. Now I'm just trying to get the seller to tell me the size. His last comment was "You can see the picture".......but no measurements added. ;) Dang Chinaman!

·
Super Moderator
32,775 Posts
I knew you weren't trying to prove me wrong, although I was, ergo the emojis. Glad you educated me.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
From what I understand, almost every other country in the world requires Amber turn signals.
It's just logical to have Amber for turn signals because, it's obvious what they are.
I thought about red turn signals myself, but I didn't like the safety issues that could come about if the directionals got stuck as they do at times rather than flashing.
Aesthetics are not as important as your safety. I know that I've seen a few bikes with the red directionals, but personally, I worry for them. They may never have an issue...... But.....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay. If I could just replace a $5 lense I'd try it..............but the only way to get there (it seems) is to buy a clear lens and then a Red LED light. Way too expensive for a whim. So I'll give it up and stick with the bright Amber light I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts