Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. I am rebuilding the top end of my 96 250 and I have a couple of dumbass questions, that I should know but don't. this is my first rebuild, and I know enough to be dangerous. I don't know which is the number one piston, sitting on the bike is it the left or the right? also when going back with the camshaft, the lobes that make contact with the valve rockers, should they be up or down over the number one piston? I`m trying to get the timing right. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
I looked in my manual, and while I found a reference to the #1 spark plug wire, it didn't say which was which. If you don't have a service manual, you need one for this job.

Please don't post multiple threads on the same subject. Folks here are pretty good about responding if they have the answer.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,984 Posts
Doesn't matter which is #1 as both cylinders fire at the same time just before TDC of compression stroke as well as the Exhaust stroke of other cylinder..
iirc it is the Left cylinder but I am still checking oem manual..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Link doesn't work for me.

·
Banned
1985 Honda Rebel CMX250C
4 Posts
According to my Clymer manual, when sitting on the bike, #1 cylinder is on your left, #2 on right.

However, I'm assuming you know that by now. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts