Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Rebel
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, since this topic is about Rebels (and only Rebels) in Media, I've posted here.

We've already established the Charlie Sheen had a rebel 450 in the movie "Wall Street" (1987)

I will start with the 1st gen I spotted in the movie "Sideways" (2004)
starring Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church.

The bike belonged to Sandra Oh's character. Not a bad movie... -Steev

Wheel Tire Jeans Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

sidenote: The bike is listed on IMCDB.com as a Shadow 250

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,161 Posts
There are other movies that have used Rebels for distance shots, then HDs for the close ups. I can't remember the movies that did this at the moment, but I know that I've seen it.

Reactions: Metal-Steev

·
Registered
2002 Honda Rebel
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are other movies that have used Rebels for distance shots, then HDs for the close ups. I can't remember the movies that did this at the moment, but I know that I've seen it.
Hmmm... I don't remember seeing such a movie, so I don't know the context or the reasoning for doing that.

·
Super Moderator
32,323 Posts
An early moderator here, GearJammer and his 450 Rebel were in an independent film. Here's a link to the promo, but I couldn't get much from it. lastblastmovie on Myspace

·
Registered
2002 Honda Rebel
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm guessing what in hindsight I think I already knew... Not many mainstream movies (two) featuring Rebels... Or Honda Cruisers for that matter.. That world belongs to H-Ds by far... Too many to list...

·
Registered
2002 Honda Rebel
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually tore one down last year which was on Dutch television. Completely unknown amongst foreigners..... Still have the tank.
Interesting... Yeah, the Dutch go crazy for old American Iron, cars and I assume bikes as well... But I'm sticking to Rebels in mainstream American Media, not foreign or limited releases...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts