Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2022 Rebel Rally site

• Only attend if cabins were available

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did call the park, and got an explanation. All the "Wild Life" cabins 43 thru 58 are closed for the whole year for "remodeling"!

(n) (Why wouldn't they do that December thru March? Do they all need that much remodeling? Why do it this year when Covid-19 has created the huge demand for vacation accommodation here in the USA?)

Well that answers that riddle...I wondered why everything was booked solid. Thanks Mark for taking the time to inquire.

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
Yes, thanks Mark. The planning just became a little easier, though!馃檪

Reactions: markwilliamson

Super Moderator
Site says they also have "legacy" cabins on the other side of the lake. Would those work for folks wanting a cabin?

Registered
Site says they also have "legacy" cabins on the other side of the lake. Would those work for folks wanting a cabin?
I'm seeing lots of "legacy" cabins available on both sides of the lake for - for example - August 17th thru 23rd. The description of these cabins is pretty much the same as for the "wild life" cabins, but they also have a woodburning fireplace, apparently. I think they're a few bucks more expensive. There are some that are "pet friendly". From what I'm seeing, one of those would be good for me.

Registered
I'm seeing lots of "legacy" cabins available on both sides of the lake for - for example - August 17th thru 23rd. The description of these cabins is pretty much the same as for the "wild life" cabins, but they also have a woodburning fireplace, apparently. I think they're a few bucks more expensive. There are some that are "pet friendly". From what I'm seeing, one of those would be good for me.
If we decide to base the rally at Lake Hope again, I think we should check availability of multiple cabins for the selected dates as early as possible, and urge people to book soon.

Registered
I did call the park, and got an explanation. All the "Wild Life" cabins 43 thru 58 are closed for the whole year for "remodeling"!

(n) (Why wouldn't they do that December thru March? Do they all need that much remodeling? Why do it this year when Covid-19 has created the huge demand for vacation accommodation here in the USA?)
Just to add to the Lake Hope cabins situation... ALL the Wild Life cabins seem to closed for renovation, INCLUDING the 60 to 66 cabins, where David usually stays on the other side of the Lake.

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
Just to add. The "cabins" available in the campsite area near where I camped this year, are basically sheds. Very small, rustic with a fire ring. These are not interchangeable with the ones that are available closer to the lodge.

Registered
Just to add to the Lake Hope cabins situation... ALL the Wild Life cabins seem to closed for renovation, INCLUDING the 60 to 66 cabins, where David usually stays on the other side of the Lake.
Mark is right, all closed. Bummer. I really enjoy bringing the wife and pups, makes for a wonderful annual trip, even the year I tasted the pavement. It's really nasty, recommend you avoid sampling!

If there are other Lake Hope cabins available that allow my babies, on the weekend we choose and I can get one, I'm in. I am not opposed to staying in a pet friendly cabin proximal or within a short ride to lake Hope, like in Athens or somewhere

Registered
Just to add. The "cabins" available in the campsite area near where I camped this year, are basically sheds. Very small, rustic with a fire ring. These are not interchangeable with the ones that are available closer to the lodge.
Agreed. Those are not the ones that I found to be available (although I'm sure they also will be).

Registered
Mark is right, all closed. Bummer. I really enjoy bringing the wife and pups, makes for a wonderful annual trip, even the year I tasted the pavement. It's really nasty, recommend you avoid sampling!

If there are other Lake Hope cabins available that allow my babies, on the weekend we choose and I can get one, I'm in. I am not opposed to staying in a pet friendly cabin proximal or within a short ride to lake Hope, like in Athens or somewhere
The cabins next to the group of Wild Life cabins where you usually stay, going back down the road towards 278, on the same side of the road, definitely did include at least one cabin that allowed pets. Didn't check them all. Like you say, it's a matter of what's available when we fix a date for us to make early bookings.

Premium Member
Pretty even split so far. Any others planning/thinking about coming? We had a good group of Rebels this year, it'd be nice to have more that could come! If you add your input now in the planning process, it's more likely that it'll work out better for all of us.

Registered
We could see about renting the whole Rock Creek Campground in Cave City? They have about 8 cabins and plenty of space for camping, cooking out, and bonfires. Ralph is a great guy and I can see what he would charge us if we filled his place up one weekend?
I have to ask, are you talking about Rock Creek Campground, Wartburg, TN 37887, or Rock Cabin Camping 5091 Mammoth Cave Road, Cave City KY 42127? I'm presuming you mean Rock Cabin Camping since you mention Cave City, but being unfamiliar with any of the areas you are talking about I want to clarify. Thank you.

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure he means Cave City, Kentucky. Because that's where another group of Rebellers gather together normally about a month after the Lake Hope meet. It would be nice to have a large group together. Rather than the approximately 20-25 people we had this year.

Registered
I'm pretty sure he means Cave City, Kentucky. Because that's where another group of Rebellers gather together normally about a month after the Lake Hope meet. It would be nice to have a large group together. Rather than the approximately 20-25 people we had this year.
Location, location, location...

of the 14 bikes/riders at Lake Hope this year,
6 were from Ohio,
2 from neighboring Pennsylvania,
2 from neighboring Indiana,
1 from neighboring Michigan,
1 from neighboring Kentucky,
and 1 each from Tennessee and Illinois.

Estimated miles traveled to Lake Hope this year...
0-50 miles, 2 riders,
50 to 100, 1
100 to 150, 2
150 to 200, 2
200 to 250, 2
250 to 300, 2
300 to 350, none
350 to 400, 2
400 to 450, 1
The average distance traveled (shortest route according to Google) was 210 miles.

The average distance traveled by 6 newbies - those who hadn't attended either of the 2 previous Lake Hope meets - was 127 miles; excluding the 2 locals, it was 185 miles.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts