Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the mpg the 450 gets and also thinking about buying my daughter the 250 rebel how much smaller than the 450 is it other than the motor power?

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
I don't have specs on the 450, if I remember right I think you have one of those. So here's some specs on a 250 and you could compare.

Overall lenth 83.3"
Overall width 32.9"
Overall height 42.5"
Wheelbase 57.1"
Seat height 26.6"
Footpeg height 11.8"
ground clearance 5.9"
Dry weight 311 lbs.
Curb weight 331 lbs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Guba that helps alot i know the specs on the 450 so i can compare them now

·
Registered
111 Posts
I get about 50 MPG on my 450 too

·
Banned
2,279 Posts
I have never ridden a 450 Rebel, or even a 450 Honda, but I did have an '81 Suzuki GS450L. It had WAY more power than the 250 Rebel.

But I still see the 450 Rebel and the 250 Rebel in completely different ways. I see the 450 as a collectors item that almost no parts are available for. If I had one, I would rarely ever ride it, because eventually it would break down, and with no parts available, you couldn't fix it.

On the other hand, the 250 ('96 and newer) is cheap, plentiful, all the parts are readily available, and it makes a great beginner bike, transportation bike, or as the starting point for a custom. I bought my '04 completely stock, and have been slowly customizing it for almost a year now, one piece at a time, with no plan. The only requirement is that it remain a practical, functional motorcycle, which rules out a chopper or bobber. Jerry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I get a little over 70mpg on my 250. All original parts minus what i've repaired, maintained and kept in tip top shape. it is, however, too small for me. I am 6'1" and so it has mostly served as a backup vehicle or a loaner.

edit: didn't realize how old this post was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts