Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody!
I from Russia therefore forgive for my English.
I have Rebel 250 of 1989. Compression very bad 5 and 6. We have spare parts on this engine only under the order - very long (1.5-2 months) and is expensive.
What newer and popular engine can be installed instead of the original? With the minimum completions, and it is better in general without them "bolt on"? It is desirable bigger volume or more powerful))

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Rebel is still in production. Just find another engine assembly used on ebay or salvage yard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine of $500 and delivery of $400 = $900. It is simpler to buy the working motorcycle, at us they cost $1300-1500...
Therefore I ask about popular alternative, there are many companies which disassemble motorcycles, the average price on 250-400ss the engine of $300-500, but for Rebel at them isn't present.

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Not aware of any larger engines that will fit the frame without modification.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
What engines on 250cc approach without modification? Can be from Chinese - they often make copies of Japanese engines.
And what bigger volume with simple modification?
I want or to repair cheap, or to make more powerful motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
How many carburetors does your CMX250 have? Japanese and Australian CMX250 bikes have two while North American models have one. Honda's CM250 engine will reportedly bolt into the Rebel (CMX250) without modification.

Here is a short list of bikes reported to be Chinese made Rebel clones. Kasea Skyhawk 250cc, Johnny Pag 250, LIFAN V-twin 250cc, Jialing JL253FMM, Motomel Rider. The last one has good reviews here and the Lifan reportedly doesn't last very long.

·
Super Moderator
3,930 Posts
Where do I look to find motorcycle specific salvage yards? I can't find a single one where I live.
eBay is the best place to find parts. Use google search "motorcycle salvage yard near me"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts