Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I'm hoping to get some much needed guidance here regarding reinstalling the cam on a 2012 Rebel 250.

I had to tear the motor down to address a dropped valve issue. New piston and rings, new in and out valves as well as valve seals. Cylinder and head back in place. I have hassled with replace the cam for over two hours and am getting no where. A very humbling experience to say the least!

I'm assuming there has to be a "trick" to getting past the lack of clearance so as to continue to slide the cam through the timing gear with chain on it and on to the cam seat.

Bicycle part Gear Gas Machine Metal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy folks,

I'm hoping to get some much needed guidance here regarding reinstalling the cam on a 2012 Rebel 250.

I had to tear the motor down to address a dropped valve issue. New piston and rings, new in and out valves as well as valve seals. Cylinder and head back in place. I have hassled with replace the cam for over two hours and am getting no where. A very humbling experience to say the least!

I'm assuming there has to be a "trick" to getting past the lack of clearance so as to continue to slide the cam through the timing gear with chain on it and on to the cam seat.

View attachment 110413
I have installed the timing chain today and fitted the cam shaft keeping the bolts in the cam shaft in the top position. After fitting the full rocker cam the bike does not start. Could this be a problem?

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
I just want to welcome you to the forum. Pakistan, wow! Most of the members here will be waking soon. Many are quite skilled at engine work. I haven't had to break into mine yet & it's a 1985 with many miles on it. So, I think that you'd get better advice from someone who has actually done that specific work before. I'd expect it'll be running fine soon!
What year is your Rebel? Also, this might've been better as a new thread, it helps us keep different problems separated so that each person can get the best results.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
It might be better to open a new thread on this. You would probably get a better amount of responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts