Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I need your help to understand where to connect the cables from my newly installed rear turning lights to the the cable available on my old chopped Honda. To help you with your appreciated suggestions I added two pictures. The first shows the existing cables "available". The second shows the 4 blue/green cables that are connected to the lights.
Being highly inexperienced I was expecting to find 4 cables available to me: like for the front turning lights. But instead I have only those in the picture. Any idea what's going on with my bike electrical cables??? Does make any sense to you? Thank you for your prompt responses...
Luca
1987 Honda Rebel 250

Also the three "used" cables in the first photo are connected with the red stop light

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Crankset Vehicle

Automotive lighting Tin Automotive tire Aluminum can Beverage can

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
the three circuits that are connected are Green=ground, Green/Yellow=brake, Brown=tail light

I assume the turn signal fixtures use Green for ground which would connect to existing Green that is already connected to tail/brake light..
Blue of turn signal fixture would connect to Orange=left signal, Light Blue=Right signal

You are creating your own version of taillight sub-wire.. from the connector under seat sub-wire harness runs through grommet in rear fender running on underside of fender to junction box which is part of license plate mount ending in another set of circuit connectors which in turn connects to the various lights..

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Jaw Automotive tire Automotive design

Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Parallel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the three circuits that are connected are Green=ground, Green/Yellow=brake, Brown=tail light

I assume the turn signal fixtures use Green for ground which would connect to existing Green that is already connected to tail/brake light..
Blue of turn signal fixture would connect to Orange=left signal, Light Blue=Right signal

You are creating your own version of taillight sub-wire.. from the connector under seat sub-wire harness runs through grommet in rear fender running on underside of fender to junction box which is part of license plate mount ending in another set of circuit connectors which in turn connects to the various lights..

View attachment 111308

View attachment 111309
Thank you very much. The rebel i have have been very much chopped. It does not have anything that the previous owner thought was necessary to look cool (!?): so I do not have any of those thing you are describing. However, if I understanding you correctly what i need to do is to "split" the green cable to three ending, one would go to the brake light and the other two to the right and left signal (together with the orange/left signal and light blue/right signal). Am I correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. The rebel i have have been very much chopped. It does not have anything that the previous owner thought was necessary to look cool (!?): so I do not have any of those thing you are describing. However, if I understanding you correctly what i need to do is to "split" the green cable to three ending, one would go to the brake light and the other two to the right and left signal (together with the orange/left signal and light blue/right signal). Am I correct? Thanks!
Or Should I purchase the 32101-KR3-600 part from Honda?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
yes you will need to tap into the tail/brake light ground circuit for the turn signals
run wire from Orange to left signal and another wire from LtBlue to right signal

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
$30 plus shipping for sub-wire harness.. you really only need a couple of more wires for signals..
without license plate mount/junction box combo your problem will be attaching harness bundle to underside of fender so it stays dry and doesn't fall down onto tire..

You may consider using Bear Bond tape as used by NASCAR teams.. isn't cheap, I'd check around for better prices

there are other products
this one is half the amazon price but there are shipping costs

not sure what else is available

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$30 plus shipping for sub-wire harness.. you really only need a couple of more wires for signals..
without license plate mount/junction box combo your problem will be attaching harness bundle to underside of fender so it stays dry and doesn't fall down onto tire..

You may consider using Bear Bond tape as used by NASCAR teams.. isn't cheap, I'd check around for better prices

there are other products
this one is half the amazon price but there are shipping costs

not sure what else is available
THANKS!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts