Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My front wheel is really rusty, both the spokes and rim. I've tried cleaning and using rust converter, but I think it's a lost cause at this stage. I still cannot adjust some of the spokes, the nipple just twists the spoke itself.

My plan is to build a new wheel, but keep the old one on there while I need to get around.

My thought is to purchase a new rim from cheapcycle for $50, a set of stainless spokes from buchananspokes for about $100, but what about the hub? Looking at the parts diagrams for 1st vs 3nd gen, they *appear* to be the same, but those diagrams can sometimes be misleading or generic. Does anybody know definitively if the hub is different or the same? I know the rear is different (changed drum size I think), and I know the front brake is mounted on the left instead of the right, but the hub could just be spun around.....?

Thanks for any insights...

Super Moderator
not sure if they are mirror copies of each other - you should be able to find a hub on ebay

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, for some reason ebay won't accept payments from me, so I haven't used it in years now. That would certainly sort me out though!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Finally sorted out eBay and got a front wheel. Everything is in excellent condition, bar a barely noticable flat spot on the rim, which I can 'wrench' out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts