Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone show me where the puke tube is located? theres been a few rainy days and i was thinking that perhaps i should drain it out. just cant seem to find it....

thanks guys

·
Registered
146 Posts
mine runs to a holder down next to exhaust with the other hoses.
It has a metal clamp and plastic cap on it that you remove to drain.

Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
146 Posts

Reactions: TAGFoto

·
Super Moderator
29,310 Posts
Slide the clamp up the tube before trying to pull the plug.

·
Registered
351 Posts
And that's why you always do complete inspections of your motorcycle periodically and especially when you first get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello from NYC. From rejetting my carb I know that the float chamber overflow hose is one of the four hoses that vent below the crankcase on my 2015 CMX250X. The crankcase breather tube I cleared today - that's number two. And from your photo I found that nr. 3 is the air cleaner drain tube with the odd looking doohickey on the end (the piece that is flat at the bottom). There is one more, smallish, tube. Can you clue me in as to its function/name/etc? Many thanks! (Also my hoses are not in the prescribed order as depicted in your image - I doubt that really matters as long as they vent properly but if you know otherwise please say so!) Thanks again. Cheers, Thomas

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Gas tank vent tube goes down the same routing as the others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! BTW I wish I had a Rebel 450 - very cool machine. Cheers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I imagine so, given its short run. I wonder if the Rebel 500 will hang around longer than the 450 did. I sat on a 500 recently, if I had more space in my driveway (and wasn't married ;-) I'd grab one. The only thing I didn't like was the placement of the plugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts