Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the posts,The bike rides pretty nice with the struts,but I decided to put the shocks back on due to the fact that the first day i rode it across town I woke up the following day with a sore lower back.As for the pipes they are just cut off right at the bend with no mufflers and I didnt have to re-jet, its still very responsive and I got it to hit 80mph with no bogging at all and I weigh 200lbs. I think it sounds good,but it is very very loud,but I like loud and annoying so it works well for me LOL! P.S very nice bikes keep them coming.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Well, it is pretty even if it isn't practical. I'm more into comfort and saddlebags for my own ride, but I always enjoy seeing the creative stuff others come up with. Nice work!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Those are pretty cool!

Here are some pics of mine.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Cory, thats just flat out nice...Well done!

·
Registered
140 Posts
wish mine looked half as good as yalls... hopefully oneday... still a work in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love bobbers but haven’t built one yet. I am waiting till the wife wants to move up to a bigger bike (She is eyeballing my Suzuki M50 right now) than I am taking her Rebel and cutting, grinding and welding it into a hard tail bobber.

How come I don’t see to many people sectioning in a hard tail instead of removing the shocks? I would think “or at lest the picture in my head seams” it would look cleaner, although it is much more work.

Great bikes guy’s they are looking good!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
How come I don’t see to many people sectioning in a hard tail instead of removing the shocks? I would think “or at lest the picture in my head seams” it would look cleaner, although it is much more work.
Most people on this site are new to riding, not so new to riding, but realize that there is a lot of skill, ability, the need of facilities and proper equipment to pull off building a true hardtail. Theres so many people that have tried building hardtails that more or less junked their bikes because they didnt know what they were doing, have built bikes that are unsafe, have built hardtails out of black pipe (NEVER DO THIS!!!)and more or less did everything wrong. The easiest, undo-able mod, to achieve a "Bobber" look is to strut it. Hence that is why most people on this site go that route. A week later, they may throw their rear shocks back on. Tough to do if you hardtailed it.

So, yeah, I agree it looks better, but its not a piece of cake to actually do. Theres the bikes geometry to consider which effects ride and handling, etc...
Like I said, you really have to know what your getting into..and have to be able to do it confidently and correctly.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Plus a true hardtail is mostly for looks and most people want to ride. Being able to put the shocks back on is priceless once you find out how uncomfortable a hardtail is on the street.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am well aware of how harsh a hard tail is or any vehicle with out suspension like my 63 VW Beetle which I chopped the front beam down 6 inches and am running shock less. True I like running suspension especially if I have a long ride ahead of me but I being 6’4” I don’t think I would take a Rebel very fare in the first place, It’s just too cramped. I am thinking a hard tail bobber for a good bar hopper bike and if I am going to do any cutting on an otherwise stock bike I am going to go all the way for a full transformation. And I didn’t mean for my question to be offensive to anyone I was just curious because there are plenty of other good beginner bikes that people hard tail all the time.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Heck turbo, I didnt think anythingyou said was even remotely offensive. In fact, your and I riding parameters are exactly the same. Bar hopper, round town bike..
Keep us posted on what your doing and by all means, proceed!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's mine.

1 - 20 of 1293 Posts