Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, new member here but old to riding. i just bought a 2012 rebel that is silver-gray in color, not sure if this is supposed to be a gloss or flat tone. can anyone let me know?

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride . I think that was a mat finish on that colour

·
Registered
674 Posts
If there is no gloss "all over" painted surfaces, it is obviously a flat paint...

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
29,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've only seen that color in pictures, but IIRC, it wasn't real glossy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i left out that i thought it might be faded. i looked at a few photos online and couldn't tell either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matters because I'm curious if its flat or gloss and i have a line on replacements from a bike with a hundred miles and i don't want to waste time or money if i end up getting the same thing. seller hasnt answered my question eitehr. pics of the replacements are hard to tell if their gloss or flat too. i tried rubbing compound but got no luster. the paint feels rough like it was spray painted

·
Super Moderator
29,320 Posts
There is a gas resistant clear gloss over the paint. Pretty sure rubbing compound will remove/damage it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts