Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VERY VERY little riding/miles......have used NGKs w/good success, but they are not in stock- and cost twice as much as the Autolites. COMMENTS? -

CR6HSA=NGK
4194= Autolite

·
Super Moderator
30,010 Posts
Autolites should be ok.

Regarding your other thread about engine performance, has the bike been sitting for a while with old gas in the carb and tank? Please respond in that thread so we don't chase rabbits down multiple holes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sitting yes, but ran dry w/Stabil in the fuel. Has new filter too in the line. Started immediately, but starts the bogging at low speed as it warms, a buddy mentioned plugs............easier than carb, right!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sitting yes, but ran dry w/Stabil in the fuel. Has new filter too in the line. Started immediately, but starts the bogging at low speed as it warms, a buddy mentioned plugs............easier than carb, right!
ONE of the spark plug caps has a portion broken off where it snaps on the plug. It still snaps on and feels OK, dont see that being an issue w/it bogging at low RPMS. Also they are new but Autolite plugs. Again, dont see that being an issue, but some swear that only NGKs s/be used- and the Iradiums work even better! Comments?

·
Super Moderator
30,010 Posts
I put iridium plugs in all my bikes, not because I think they are head and shoulders better than standard plugs, but because they last for 100,000 miles. They may be significantly better, but I've never seen any proof that they are - the butt dynamometer doesn't count.

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,748 Posts
Nearly 20 years using Autolite 4194 without a hiccup, not much else I can say about their use other than that was what was in motor when I bought bike from PO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts