Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came inside from prepping for tomorrows tire arrival. I expected to need some wood blocks between the jack and the frame to miss the pipes. But this is nuts. What possessed Honda to wrap the pipes below and slightly inside of the frame. There was no need in that. I see a lot of talk about jacking this thing up. So what I ended up with two 2x4 blocks on their side between the cross frame and one jack pad. The rear cross member to lift the rear tire and the front to lift the front tire. Seems stable enough on three points. Later on I will whip up a wood frame/adapter so I can pick up both ends at once. but this will do for changing tires. It looks kinda sketch AF with only one side picking up the bike but its really stable surprisingly. Oh and BTW the axle nut I could have turned off with that short wrench in the kit with NO extension. YIKES!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Administrator
5,040 Posts
There is a guy on my other forum that built a special jack adapter to lift his Rebel.

The new Rebels are worse than the old ones when it comes to jacking.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes I wonder if the OEMs' don't care about how hard it is to service, because they want you to take it in anyway? I might have to invest in a couple of front / read stands. No good place to put spools on this thing! So its going to need the hook attachments. That is a slick adaptor the dude built. Another thing I thought of was a set of parts that was designed to go on of the standard bike jack giving you posts that can slide around with V shaped cradles on top. Or is a table lift the better thing to shoot for? But you would still need some small scissors lift on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts