Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I have searched this all around for hours and not a single solid answer to real OEM Tire sizes.

Can anyone Tell me the Direct OEM Tire size for a rebel 250 1986, if that matters.

I hate to post another " Tire size " Topic but I cant find anything anywhere. Would also be nice if you could tell us what tires you have and where you bought them from also.:Thanx:

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
3.00-18 front, 130/90-15 rear. You can use a 90/90-18 front.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.00-18 front, 130/90-15 rear. You can use a 90/90-18 front.
Thank you for the promp response.

Does the front and rear tire have to match? I just did a quick search and find one thread pattern and brand for the rear and the fronts dont' offer that size.

Any White Wall brand tires?

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
You want tread for the specific job. front tread for the front, rear tread for the rear. It is preferable to have matched brands but the treads won't look the same.

Unfortunately, there are no white wall motorcycle tires in those sizes. (that I'm aware of anyway)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want tread for the specific job. front tread for the front, rear tread for the rear. It is preferable to have matched brands but the treads won't look the same.

Unfortunately, there are no white wall motorcycle tires in those sizes. (that I'm aware of anyway)
Beautiful Summary, Unless someone else has a different input. This will be an awesome thread for ones seeking answers.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
When I first got my bike I searched and searched for www tires and believe me if they were out there I would have found them. I did find a www front tire close to that size that comes on the Kikker 5150 bikes but it was very cheap and I didn't trust that it would handle hwy speeds.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just mounted Pirelli MT66's on my Rebel based on all the positive info I heard here. You'll have no trouble finding them in many places, the rear tube will be more of a challenge. My 2006 had the original tires on it w/ 10k miles the difference was like night and day feels like a different bike. Buickguy listed the right size, mine came from Motorcycle Superstore.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Installing my new tire today, and was told I needed a Tube for my front tire. Dang No where or one here mentioned anything about tire tubes. Luckly They had them in stock.

SO anyone new to this game and need tires, you will also need Tubes.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
So Installing my new tire today, and was told I needed a Tube for my front tire. Dang No where or one here mentioned anything about tire tubes. Luckly They had them in stock.

SO anyone new to this game and need tires, you will also need Tubes.
Not always, some folks can go thru a tire in a season or two. If the tube is only 2 years old I re use them for one more tire or so.:angel:
Especially if it's one of those thicker heavy duty ones.

·
Super Moderator
29,308 Posts
You may also need a new rubber rim strip that keeps the tube from rubbing against the spoke ends.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have searched high and low for dual sport tires and today found a set on ebay: 130/90-15 rear, but 100/90-18 front. Will this rear tire work?

Strangely, I've also seen the Shinko 244 series listed as front/rear tire in 3.00-18. Surely they don't mean putting the one size for front and rear right?

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
130/90/15 is the stock rear tire size. 100/90/18 is one size larger than the stock front tire size. I have that size front tire on mine but depending on the tire you might have to modify your front fender slightly to keep it from rubbing. I think what Shinko means is that can be used as a front or rear tire but not necessarily on the same bike. Usually tires are designated front or rear not a lot are recommended to be used as both.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
I have searched high and low for dual sport tires and today found a set on ebay: 130/90-15 rear, but 100/90-18 front. Will this rear tire work?

Strangely, I've also seen the Shinko 244 series listed as front/rear tire in 3.00-18. Surely they don't mean putting the one size for front and rear right?
My Norton Commando runs identical tires front and rear 4.10H19. This is a relatively rare setup though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mojorisn, was it challenging to find a tube for the 100/90/18?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Duckster, were the rims on your Norton Commando running similar size rims as well (front/rear)?

-I'd like to pick up a Norton or Royal Enfield someday.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Yes the rims are the same size. There was a what looked like a nice one for sale here recently for $4500. that's a good price for a decent Norton these days. They were about $2200 brand new when I got mine in 1973.

·
Registered
70 Posts
im confused because all over these forum i have seen white walls on rebels. and it doesnt look like paint to me? i wanna do a white wall on the back but everyone here says they dont exist? if this is true then does the paint mentioned previously work pretty well and look good? or is there a paint i can buy at a local store that will work well?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts