Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've got the carb vents figured out. Thanks guys. But now I'm concerned about the crankcase breather tube and the breather box. Here's my issue. Starting at the air filter, the air tube from the carb intake to the air box doesn't make a good seat at the airbox. And I'm not sure the air filter is seating to the tube well. My other issue is that two of the 4 screws in the breather box are missing and it appears to be not sealing good. Now from what I have read the crankcase NEEDS suction from the airbox to suck the gunk out of the breather to keep the crankcase healthy or it could blow a seal. Correct?

On an unrelated note the carb has a seeping leak. I was thinking of taking it out and making sure everthing is tight. While at it I was thinking of checking the breather box. Would this be prudent or not such a big deal?

I swear the idiot that worked on this thing didn't know his you know what from a hole in the ground.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And doing some more digging I see there is supposed to be a tube going from the air filter nipple on the side that goes down to the breather inlet. That is missing. So I need to replace this....ASAP??

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
You do want a good seal so dirt doesn't enter the engine.
The watery oily stuff is what the separator gets out of the crankcase gases and drops in the puke tube. The gases then get re-burned.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Buickguy. You are invaluable. You have now solved my 3rd big issue. I see that the separator is not even plugged into the air box at part 7. And I'm missing part 17, the breather tube. That and the set spring. So looks like I'm pulling the carb tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I've got the carb vents figured out. Thanks guys. But now I'm concerned about the crankcase breather tube and the breather box. Here's my issue. Starting at the air filter, the air tube from the carb intake to the air box doesn't make a good seat at the airbox. And I'm not sure the air filter is seating to the tube well. My other issue is that two of the 4 screws in the breather box are missing and it appears to be not sealing good. Now from what I have read the crankcase NEEDS suction from the airbox to suck the gunk out of the breather to keep the crankcase healthy or it could blow a seal. Correct?

On an unrelated note the carb has a seeping leak. I was thinking of taking it out and making sure everthing is tight. While at it I was thinking of checking the breather box. Would this be prudent or not such a big deal?

I swear the idiot that worked on this thing didn't know his you know what from a hole in the ground.
I have a very similar issue. However, I don't think I have the hoses to and from the carb routed correctly. Any diagrams or pictures would be welcome. I'm on an 05 250. Thnx y'all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts