Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that I have not posted in a long time and the reason why, is that I traded in my 2015 Rebel for a 2015 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom in black last September. I found the bike at a local dealer that sells Trumph and Ducatti's. The bike was listed for $4,500 and was and is, in like new condition with at that time less than 1500 miles on the clock. This dealer was willing to offer me $3K for my bike and after a test drive where it ran out of gas, they lowered the price of the Yamaha by $500. I had mentioned that I had a couple of pistols that I was willing to trade and was not sure if they were interested. I was going to sell them at the gun shop where I bought the Colt. The pistols were a Remington 1911 R1 45 auto, and a 1930 Colt 38 special police edition, that I had purchased at a local gun shop a few years ago. They were in my safe and I lost interest in them. I used to go to the range and shoot them. The Remington was purchased new at Sportsmans Warehouse. I paid $1,204 for both guns and would not sell them for less than a thousand. The dealer offered me the Star 650 for my Rebel and the guns. I would pay TT & L. So they offered me $500 more for my Rebel than any other dealer in town, and took $500 off the price of the Yamaha. The offer was too good to pass up so I pulled the trigger and bought the Star 650 and I love it ! I love the extra power it has I think it s great looking bike. The Star was purchased at an auction and was a repo. I think the dealer got the Star for a song was willing to let it go because it sat on their lot for a few months. Oh and by the way, I dont like the new Rebel.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Pictures Please!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
See how you are... Love the Rebel only to Leave it at a dealer.. all alone.
:sad0071:

Sounds like a good deal.. have to remember to run out of gas on next test drive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SokedKarma, I think the Rebel was a great bike and I learned a lot on it during the year that I owned it. I just wanted more power and I was afraid to take it on the freeway or the innerstate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts