Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2005 Rebel 250
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like provided i get adv tires and suspension adjusted, will this work as an ADV bike? For skid plate etc i can make one

Or is the frame really not meant for any offroading?

(Planning to sell my rebel to my mom who is going to become an absolute beginner, but i love the rebel 250 engine)

· Registered
2002 Rebel 250, 2008 Nighthawk 250
39 Posts
The Nighthawk 250 frame does not fully enclose the engine - it uses the engine/crankcase as a stressed member. See pics of the Nighthawk frame vs. Rebel frame. I'd ride a Nighthawk down a gravel or dirt road, but I wouldn't take it on any serious trails or backcountry discovery rides and I wouldn't jump one over anything.
Wood Vehicle Wheel Event Composite material
Bicycle part Vehicle Rim Sports equipment Bicycle drivetrain part

· Registered
2005 Rebel 250
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Nighthawk 250 frame does not fully enclose the engine - it uses the engine/crankcase as a stressed member. See pics of the Nighthawk frame vs. Rebel frame. I'd ride a Nighthawk down a gravel or dirt road, but I wouldn't take it on any serious trails or backcountry discovery rides and I wouldn't jump one over anything.
View attachment 115706 View attachment 115707
So i guess the only reliable way would be to hire a welder thats involved in fabrication?

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,806 Posts
The Rebel frame itself is not designed in any way for off-road use either. It can't handle that kind of abuse. Some here on the Forum have used theirs on roads that had washboard type surfaces, and ended up with cracked frames. And that's on regular surface streets!
If you want and Enduro by an Enduro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts