Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just wanted to stop by & let you know who os lurking. I'm Tom, and just purchased a 2006 white Honda Rebel 250 on an auction for my bride of 37 years. Bike has 1,194 miles, and looks brand new. This will be her 4th bike, the last being an '82 Honda CM400E. It will join an '80 Goldwing with a Watsonsonian sidecar in the garage. Been 20 years since we've riden, so I'm here to learn again. Thank you in advance !

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you considered taking a basic riding course to refresh your skills? Also, David Hughes books, Proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling have a lot of good info.

Reactions: tharrison57

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Have you considered taking a basic riding course to refresh your skills? Also, David Hughes books, Proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling have a lot of good info.
While it would be a great refresher course, they will mostly be used just around town, which is probably more dangerous than the open road with dogs, kids etc. However, town population is around 1,600 , and we've lived here for all of our 63 & 64 years, so we have a pretty good feel for the lay of the land. But you have a very valid point, can't be overly trained !

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
751 Posts
Welcome. Good to have another Rebeler on the forum. From what State do you hail. If you live close, or not so close to Ohio, we just had a fun time at the Rebel Rally. Around half or better there were close in age to you two. 😉

·
Super Moderator
7,890 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. Good to have another Rebeler on the forum. From what State do you hail. If you live close, or not so close to Ohio, we just had a fun time at the Rebel Rally. Around half or better there were close in age to you two. 😉
Illinois, sir. We are in Virginia, just the other side of Philadelphia ..... Illinois. 🙂
We are about 35 west of Springfield, the Capitol. Virginia has a population around 1,600 and Philadelphia hales about 20 ... and six dogs. 🙂

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
751 Posts
482 miles to Lake Hope State Park, not too far. 😁 if you do decide to come next year, the routes are chosen for the curves. Get VERY used to leaning the bike to turn.
We want all to be safe & sound after the ride.
I struggled understanding your reply at 1st. It was funny, because it reminded me of The Simpsons. Close to Springfield! I think only 4 States don't have a Springfield.

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
112 Posts
Welcome op!

I think only 4 States don't have a Springfield
As far I can tell, there's no Springfield here in AZ! Closest I know of is Springerville.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you ever watch "The Simpsons", they ran off to Alaska because Springfield doesn't exist there.
I did a tiny bit of searching.
As a matter of fact, Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah, Washington, & Wyoming, Don't have one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ever watch "The Simpsons", they ran off to Alaska because Springfield doesn't exist there.
I did a tiny bit of searching.
As a matter of fact, Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah, Washington, & Wyoming, Don't have one.
Sometimes I wish we didn't ! 😏

·
Registered
751 Posts
The size & geographic placement of Springfield kinda matches Metropolis don't you think?
As both are fictional, it could just be another name for the same locale.:unsure:🤓

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
The size & geographic placement of Springfield kinda matches Metropolis don't you think?
As both are fictional, it could just be another name for the same locale.:unsure:🤓
Though it may be fictional, Springfield is in Nevada

·
Registered
751 Posts
We're not just Rebel nerds! 🤪

1 - 18 of 18 Posts