Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, need some advice from the experienced members out there. It's time to replace the rubber, have Pirelli Touring tires on now and they seem fine, but expensive. Need your opinions on DUNLOP vs SHINKO tires. Hard good and bad about Dunlops but I've never personally used them. Another option I've heard is SHINKO tires. Never before heard of them till now. Saw a post where one member said they "stick" better than other tires. The SHINKO tires I'm looking at are 712's if that means anything to anybody. I know less than nothing about any of these issues.... I'm a newbie rider again after 34 years so probably need all the grip I can get... Any thoughts?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Randall

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome RandyOK Ive got Conti's on my 250they handle so much better than the ones that were on it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm going to replace the front tire on my bike this week. I have the Pirelli's front & rear. The front is worn down enough that it warrants replacing. I checked the manufacture date on the side wall and it is over 10 years old. There is no evidence of dry-rot. The tire has served me well. I'm going to stick with the Pirelli brand for its longevity. Others on this forum have the same opinion. In such a competitive global market place, I can't see the price differential between brands as being that significant. Perhaps I am wrong. However, tire composition and the riding surfaces that you encounter are different issues to consider in your search for replacements. Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
29,298 Posts
I've run Kenda Cruisers and Pirelli MT66's on the Rebel. Grip is about the same, the Pirellis cost a few dollars more, but last a lot longer. Get the Pirellis.

Reactions: Nardospark

·
Registered
65 Posts
I run Kendas on both my stock bike and the bobber. Love how they stick to the pavement and Dennis Kirk usually has em the cheapest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Dennis Kirk info! Found what I wanted with free shipping, can't beat that...
Took the advice and went with Pirelli MT66-ROUTE tours, hope they work out well. Thanks for the comments and advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts