Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jim H, (or anyone else who'd like to) Let me know, I'd love to do the skyline drive ride again, I can meet you in either Waynesboro or Front Royal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey! I haven't been on here in a while, so I'm just finding this. Add me to the MA group! :)
I'm also in the Valley~ Greenville.

Great idea, Jim. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey! I haven't been on here in a while, so I'm just finding this. Add me to the MA group! :)
I'm also in the Valley~ Greenville.

Great idea, Jim. Thanks! :)
You're welcome, VaMom. And welcome to the Mid-Atlantic sub-forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like Virginia is well represented on this forum. :thumb:

I've always wanted to try the Tail of the Dragon up in the mountains, if we ever arrange a regional mid Atlantic Rebel meet to head out there and tame the Dragon, you can count me in.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks like Virginia is well represented on this forum. :thumb:

I've always wanted to try the Tail of the Dragon up in the mountains, if we ever arrange a regional mid Atlantic Rebel meet to head out there and tame the Dragon, you can count me in.
Where's that located, Sleeper? In western NC?

I haven't heard of this road.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where's that located, Sleeper? In western NC?
JimH, it's in North Carolina at Deal's Gap: Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

(I haven't been there myself, but I'd heard about it and looked it up for future reference.)

I would also be interested in a Skyline Drive meetup at some point. Despite having lived in the DC Metro area for about 20 years, I hadn't actually been there myself until this past weekend. My boyfriend and I went on four, but will probably do it on two the next time.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nah. Just been a little inactive, I guess. Hey, it sounds like you have the same two interests I do: fly fishing and motorcycle riding! And we live in the same county. Are you sure you're not me?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Anyone else up for a ride together? We could maybe do part of the Shenandoah National Park... or maybe cruise up the Valley Pike (route 11): a great ride, especially this time of year. How about you, ShenValleyFlyFish?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Anyone else up for a ride together? We could maybe do part of the Shenandoah National Park... or maybe cruise up the Valley Pike (route 11): a great ride, especially this time of year. How about you, ShenValleyFlyFish?
I'd love to. One small problem. My bike is a long way from going down the highway. If you folks get together would enjoy joining you for a meal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi, all. Bill here - from coastal Delaware - right smack-dab in the Mid-Atlantic. :)

Just got my 2007 Rebel yesterday (announced in the Intro section). Great riding here at the beach - either on "Coastal" Highway or the many curvy farm-country roads just back from the beach. All nice and flat, which is great for a Rebel 250. I just traded up from a 150cc Adly Scooter because I like the ride quality of larger-than-12-inch-wheels a lot better. The extra power doesn't hurt either.

Sooo...anyone else from the Mid-Atlantic "Lowlands?"

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am near Martinsville, VA which is about an hour south of Roanoke and an hour north of Greensboro, NC. I am about 45 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Welcome to the forum - and to the Mid-Atlantic section.

I just gotta find some folks near here in the swamp, er...ah...coastal lowlands. :)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.