Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m new to motorcycling and new to my Honda Rebel CMX250. I don’t know the “lingo” but I’m here to learn! I’m married with two kids, and I work as a middle school teacher. I just earned my temporary instruction permit and eager to get out there. My husband has been riding for a couple years now and I’d love to share the experience with him. Or maybe I’m just mod-life crisising a little early?

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
750 Posts
I like your phrase "mod" life crisis.🤣
Many of us with these motorcycles are definitely in to doing mods on them. :ROFLMAO:
If you put the year & cc of your motorcycle in your signature & if you have problems it makes it easier to answer them.
And you are very welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride safely!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like your phrase "mod" life crisis.🤣
Many of us with these motorcycles are definitely in to doing mods on them. :ROFLMAO:
If you put the year & cc of your motorcycle in your signature & if you have problems it makes it easier to answer them.
And you are very welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride safely!
Thanks for the tip on the signature line. I do already have questions about replacement parts that I need to get.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
750 Posts
Many here have or know where to get EXACTLY what you need.
Never be afraid to ask.
Funny, you put it in the header & the signature 😉

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
welcome to the forum..
sorry to hear about your chosen profession, having been a middle school bus driver for a couple of years.. jk,, the majority were great kids.
there are many online sellers of honda oem parts, it's best to google part numbers of stock items imo to find the best deal.. don't forget to check shipping charges if any before confirming an order.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I actually left education for a minute and then went back to it. Last year was the hardest year of my decade as a teacher. Hoping things are a bit different this year. I’ll remember your advice about parts. I have a missing battery cover and I am replacing both side covers. The eBay version did not fit on the right battery cover side. I found a way to modify it so I might have to go that route and learn my lesson about eBay parts the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Are you going to take a basic riding course? It's the best way to learn the fundamentals and keep you as safe as possible on the road.

·
Super Moderator
7,890 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

Reactions: adoherty

·
Registered
2001 Rebel
42 Posts
Many welcomes. Rebels are great bikes.

Reactions: adoherty

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all,

I’m new to motorcycling and new to my Honda Rebel CMX250. I don’t know the “lingo” but I’m here to learn! I’m married with two kids, and I work as a middle school teacher. I just earned my temporary instruction permit and eager to get out there. My husband has been riding for a couple years now and I’d love to share the experience with him. Or maybe I’m just mod-life crisising a little early?
Welcome to the Forum Hope You will Enjoy it Here and Pretty sure you'll come to LUV the REBEL Any Questions just ask Away Most Here are Eager and Willing to Help
Ride SAFE Ma!!!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum. Are you going to take a basic riding course? It's the best way to learn the fundamentals and keep you as safe as possible on the road.
I’m taking a BRC through Harley Davidson in a week. I have been out in a parking lot so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts