Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing up my 87 Rebel 250... Latest is a new OEM gas tank, petcock and cap from Partzilla. I chose the 2008 black tank. I have the original tank, petcock and cap (no dents, dings or scratches)... but i need to get them restored. I did have a aftermarket tank, but it don't like the look, fit and extreme amount of buzzing from the tank. Here are pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It's taken a lot of work and a ton of $. Half the bolts have been replaced because of corrosion. I had to replace the exhaust because it rattled. Bought a new carb from Partzilla. Bought seats from eBay. Had to wait for a head to show up on eBay with studs in tact. The list goes on and on. On top of all the repairs, the only option to get a title was to go through the process to get a bonded title. At the end of the day... I absolutely LOVE my 87 Rebel. I have a brand new DRZ400s (2019), a mint 2007 Vstar 1100 and another Rebel 250. The 87 Rebel is my most enjoyable short distance bike that I enjoy every day that the weather is decent.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Your bike is very nice...Good work on your part...love the handlebar shape...You did well on everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts