Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry for my litany of issues. But so far you guys always gave me great ideas on how to solve issues. Also I learned a lot. That the main reason I bought the 1997 Honda Rebel 250, to learn how to ride and how it works.
Following all your suggestions, all the lights are now working: front, tag, brake and turning turning. SO I was very excited to try my new lights on the road BUT: now the engine does not start. I checked the battery and it is charged. The sound it is similar to what you would expect starting a motorcycle without gas. (is it possible that the lights are now removing electric juice available to the engine?)
So this is what I did:
0) turned the gas valve to vertical position
1) add gasoline
2) be sure I was on neutral
3) have the kick stand up
4) turn the key
5) press the starting button
Nothing just the starter spinning
What I was thinking to do next:
  • detach the new lights
  • check the plugs
What else would do you next?

Also, could be important, last time it the engine started I heard a shoot sound like coming from the engine. I could not even put it in second gear, it would dies. Now no even that.
Hopefully I am not wasting too much of your time!
Thanks
Luca

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
You didn't mention whether the kill switch was on or off. 馃お
Most of us have made that mistake at least once before. o_O
Seems simple but, I've cranked the battery almost dead once because I forgot.

Reactions: rickybug

Registered
I don't know how long you had your lights on, but the battery is only 2 Amp Hours (AH), and it drains very quickly. Sounds like your battery is dead!

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
Guba,I think that you missed the statement lprian said,
I checked the battery and it is charged. The sound it is similar to what you would expect starting a motorcycle without gas.
I think it's something else.馃檪
Other than the kill switch, is it possible that you accidentally disconnected another wire when you were connecting the wires for the lighting?

Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
You didn't mention whether the kill switch was on or off. 馃お
Most of us have made that mistake at least once before. o_O
Seems simple but, I've cranked the battery almost dead once because I forgot.
Oh yeah, I did that once... Hopefully only once! 馃槼

Super Moderator
I had a battery that showed 12+ volts on a meter, but didn't have enough amps to make a click. An easy way to see if the battery is really charged is if it will start when jumped from a car battery. Be sure the care engine isn't running. Or take the battery to an auto parts store and have it load tested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts