Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got an '06 Rebel for my first motorcycle. I've been putting a lot of work into repairing it and learning about the mechanics of motorcycles. I'm currently working on the carburetor and looking into getting a new set of tires. Looking forward to getting it running and enjoying rides along the Californian coast!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I run Pirelli MT66 Route 3.00S-18 Front and MT66 Route 130/90-15S Rear Tire
several places offer them, shipping included..

Reactions: chasepeak

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of info about what you plan to do in the Wrenching section of the forum.

Reactions: chasepeak

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina....I hope you enjoy your new-to-you bike immensely.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your "new" Rebel! They are great motorcycles for learning, and more!

·
Super Moderator
7,820 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the forum. PCH is a fun road (the little I've ridden it so far), I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's awesome and congrats!!
I want to get into the mechanics of learning how to fix my '09.
How did you decide where to start on first, and where have you gotten your tools to start?
Thanks! ^_^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well when I started off, the bike wouldn't start, so I had to do some general maintenance. Stuff like replacing the spark plugs, changing the oil and battery and draining the gas tank. Most of that didn't take any special tools, just visits the auto shops for the specific parts and advice.

The only really involved project that I've taken on so far was cleaning the carburetor (after having issues with idling) with a chem dip for a few days. Most of the necessary tools I've found out about on this forum, and gotten them off Amazon (like Berryman's Chem Dip, pipe cleaners, and an air compressor). And for instructions and such, I've used this website, youtube and friends that are familiar with motorcycles.

Good luck working on your '09!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts