Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new guy from pennsylvania just bought my first bike its a 1986 cmx250cd 3,691 miles mostly original 3rd owner $500.00 tank has been resealed an a small pinhole soldered paint touched up replaced the petcock cleaned carb replaced the mid jet because someone tried cleaning it an broke something off in it new battery an a lot of chrome cleaning i have a set of amazon rear turn signals coming but would like to find a set of NOS turn signals for it an had a couple questions does anyone know how many limiteds were actually produced? I tried calling honda an could not get a good answer would like to know if anyone is a vin connoisseur would like to know what # mine is my rides stable mates are a 72 electra glide an 85 softail and an 88 tour glide also is that an 8 or an infiniti symbol on the tank what was the meaning reasoning behind that? Thanks for any info
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1st WOW! 2nd WOW!
You did great for 500 bucks!
I've heard the limited wasn't very limited. But I don't know how many were made I'll wait for one of the gurus to reply to that 1.
Welcome to the forum! You got a deal. :whistle:
If you do change anything, keep the original parts. 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st WOW! 2nd WOW!
You did great for 500 bucks!
I've heard the limited wasn't very limited. But I don't know how many were made I'll wait for one of the gurus to reply to that 1.
Welcome to the forum! You got a deal. :whistle:
If you do change anything, keep the original parts. 馃憣
Thank you,glad to be here an im going for the purist look for eventual resale so no worries on ditching stock parts

Super Moderator

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
As far as the mark on the side of the tank, I always thought it was a stylized flames.

Premium Member
The CMX250CD'86 Rebel 250 Limited edition serial number began JH2MC132*GK000001. The other 86 was a CMX250C & serial # started with JH2MC130*
87 began with JH2MC130*HK200001. I don't know the last serial # of the special edition. Does anyone else?
You can probably see at least how many were made up until yours by checking your serial #.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The CMX250CD'86 Rebel 250 Limited edition serial number began JH2MC132*GK000001. The other 86 was a CMX250C & serial # started with JH2MC130*
87 began with JH2MC130*HK200001. I don't know the last serial # of the special edition. Does anyone else?
You can probably see at least how many were made up until yours by checking your serial #.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sports equipment Audio equipment Gadget

Premium Member
So it looks like at least 2370 were made? possibly more?

Reactions: Bbenson89

Super Moderator
Think you missed a decimal point or two. If your earlier post about the SNs is correct, his is 102,370. If accurate, that would certainly explain why the "Limited" models weren't very limited.

Premium Member
You're right, I didn't see the 10 before the other numbers. Good catch. Yes, doesn't look very limited. But it's possible that number could include worldwide shipping.
I also don't know about the 8 /infinity line on the tank.

Super Moderator
To me, the top tank decal simply looks like an artist's design, and I don't see that it is either an 8 or an infinity symbol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think you missed a decimal point or two. If your earlier post about the SNs is correct, his is 102,370. If accurate, that would certainly explain why the "Limited" models weren't very limited.
:ROFLMAO: right i read in another thread on here it was somewhere around 5,000 but who knows honda couldnt even give me a straight answer i do know they were only produced in 86 and in america so if nothing else time will make them Ltd

Premium Member
If serial numbers were sequential then yes over 10,000. Yeah, Honda did a lot to make sales. The best thing they could do now to make a lot of sales is just to bring back the original Honda Rebel shape with a 500 engine on it. Or even the same design with a 4-cylinder!馃榿馃檹

Premium Member
Never the correct response. Green eyed jealousy maybe.:ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whenever someone get's an incredible deal like that the correct response is "You suck"
Did that good huh? cool lol i dont think there is much of a market for them around here seems like they stay posted forever till the price goes way down or im guessing they just take down the add i worked on geting this one for a couple years an stayed solid at my offer it was kind of a barn find last registered and inspected in 1996

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh just found out tonight i think im the first one to ever pull the cover on the tool kit everything is there an still shiny new even still has the envelope in the air box for registration an insurance :cool:

Premium Member
Did that good huh? cool lol i dont think there is much of a market for them around here seems like they stay posted forever till the price goes way down or im guessing they just take down the add i worked on geting this one for a couple years an stayed solid at my offer it was kind of a barn find last registered and inspected in 1996
Not much of a market there? Where is there? I've been searching Ohio PA, NY, IN, really anything 'relatively close'. What site was that on? I just started using the site mentioned on another thread rennug, was that it?

Premium Member
Question for you. Are you going to go to old school, and add a kick starter? It can be done!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts