Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so first off, one thing I鈥檝e noticed is this is a MUCH more pleasant environment than Reddit 馃ゴ

I鈥檒l start with this, I know very very little about mechanical things but am really excited to learn.

a neighbor gave me a 1986 450 that had been sitting for at least 4, maybe 5 years. Gas tank was rusted through, left side of bike has surface rust.

i didn鈥檛 know where to start, so I swapped the gas tanks (old owner found the original and besides a dent It鈥檚 in good shape for being almost 40 years old.

When removing the tank, the fuel line got cut on the petcock so I got a new fuel line and can鈥檛 seem to find where it connects to the carb(s).

there are also two small tubes going from the top of each carb down under and I don鈥檛 know if one tube goes to the bottom of one carb, and the other goes to the other, or Vice versa or what.

i drained the gas, changed the oil, changed the battery.

now when I go to start it it clicks a few times, before dying.

i really want to figure out how to fix these carbs or at least hook them up properly to try and start it and figure out where my problem is.

again, thanks for any help.

I鈥檒l include as many pictures as I can

Attachments

Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
There is a plastic T between the carbs, careful you don't break it putting on fuel line
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Engineering

it's a good idea to install in line fuel filter between petcock and carb..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts