Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2004 Rebel 250 that someone installed a dual carb setup on and I am looking for a stock carb and intake. I saw a couple on ebay but they are over priced.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum!
Overpriced is a possibility. The original carbs are in high demand, so the price is high.
I've found it overall cheaper to buy a whole parts bike. Then, not only do I get the carburetor, I get all kinds of spare parts as well.
My last attempt at buying a parts bike however, ended up being my everyday Rider. Happy misfortune indeed!

Reactions: Walnut311

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
Welcome to The Forum dev.
What you do is click new at the top of the screen. Then after that comes up then there should be a spot for create new post. Select the correct area for your question to go.
For instance if it's about 450 it should go in the 450 section, if it's about modifications it should go in the mods section.
I know I had problems the first time I posted too.

Oh, and stick around for the answer. It might come immediately..... or it might take a few days. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge in years of experience here.

By the way, noticing your icon image, Specifically the bar end mirrors and the headlight. Don't those mirrors vibrate quite a bit? And is that headlight good at night? Does it have high beam and low beam?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello & welcome to the forum!
Overpriced is a possibility. The original carbs are in high demand, so the price is high.
I've found it overall cheaper to buy a whole parts bike. Then, not only do I get the carburetor, I get all kinds of spare parts as well.
My last attempt at buying a parts bike however, ended up being my everyday Rider. Happy misfortune indeed!
Thanks for the info.

Do know why they are in high demand?

some clown put a dual carb setup on it, and I need a choke cable but cant find one..

·
Registered
1996 honda rebel 250
9 Posts
Welcome to The Forum dev.
What you do is click new at the top of the screen. Then after that comes up then there should be a spot for create new post. Select the correct area for your question to go.
For instance if it's about 450 it should go in the 450 section, if it's about modifications it should go in the mods section.
I know I had problems the first time I posted too.

Oh, and stick around for the answer. It might come immediately..... or it might take a few days. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge in years of experience here.

By the way, noticing your icon image, Specifically the bar end mirrors and the headlight. Don't those mirrors vibrate quite a bit? And is that headlight good at night? Does it have high beam and low beam?
hi thx man… my mirrors are actually quite stable and the headlight is actually really good at night. it’s an on/off setting tho no low/high beam

·
Super Moderator
32,773 Posts
Some new OEM carbs are still available, but they too aren't cheap. I buy used carbs and clean and refurbish them, but not sure if I have a second generation (1996-2016) carb on hand. Would have to check and see.

Here's one for a fairly reasonable price, but no doubt it would need to be cleaned. 1996-2016 Honda Rebel 250 CMX250 CARB CARBURETOR OEM Low Miles LT | eBay

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
This is the reason why I always reccomend a parts bike. You can pay $200 for just a used carb, (which is considered "fairly reasonable"), or you can find, from time to time, a whole Rebel for this price.
The wait & search is sometimes prohibitive to our time constraints though.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
The PO of the 1986 that I have, broke a screw off in the carburetor as well. When I took it apart to clean it, I was able to get the screw out and replace all the screws with stainless steel Allen bolts. Much less likely to strip out the heads. 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts