Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,544 Posts
Looks like a more comfortable seat than the CMX250!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a more comfortable seat than the CMX250!
I bought this seat from ebay and made sure it was the long one of 63cm. Fitment was certainly an issue, but I liked how the inside of the seat was hallowed out to fit over the rear wheel. If you look closely, you can see that the original seat was made into a dummy seat andI cut a hole through it that allowed the tab to go under the tank. I then used the pan from the back seat to mount to this seat from ebay which ai was able to line up at the original mounts. The seat cost me $70. I never liked having my knees up with the original seat and my butt always felt pinched. I can go as far back as I want to to stretch my legs. It is important for me to have a second rider with my family, so having the option of the rear seat was a must and I did not want to switch to a small cafe seat. This seat is a little hard, butI honestly don’t mind it. But feels pinched sometimes when I add too much cushion. My favorite chair at work is a wooden student desk.

Did you like how I solved the rear headlight problem with that scooter seat I modified? My daughter's like that small security of not feeling like they are going to fall back. It took a lot of thinking to figure out that problem. It allowed me to keep the original fender too and save some money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The color scheme might seem a bit off to some, but honda has always had a black, gold, red, and silver motif on many motorcycles. I tried to keep that black and red below and silver and gold on top. The red actually is a honda red that I can color match any time I need to.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the before images before I bought it. The Okinawa sea air was not kind to this bike. Rust only was getting worse before I resorted it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some progress pictures

So pretty in black. Also helps with that rust.

My failed attempt at bondo and primer. Had to have a shop redo it because my work got squishy. My body shop friend told me i probably did not use enough hardener.

It took 4 petcocks before i finally had someone send me the right one. Very frustrating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts