Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some carb struggles the bike runs great. All painted, fender cut and she runs and drives as it should. I took it i to town today for its longest ride in at least 6 years while the PO stored it in their hay barn. Rode it on slow roads, 55 mph roads, some twisties and it did great. The jetting seems good (120/40) & 1 shim under the needle. No popping on decel. Will check the plugs in a few more miles to see how they look.
Next is to spin the bar risers around and build a speedometer/ignition relocation bracket. I have seen BCB sells this part but cannot find it on their site so no idea how much it costs...thus i shall build one for no money just time.
And quite a size difference between and harley bagger and the rebel
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
The bright yellow color on the Rebel looks good! Throw a kickstart on it & it'll be even better!
Funny that you should show that specific Harley with that seat. I think that's the seat that I have on my Rebels! If that's the one called a Reach seat, it's the same one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Harley is a customers bike i was servicing so i dont know what seat it technically is. And thanks, i like the yellow . It makes it unique. Not many yellow bikes out there.
Where would a kick starter go on a rebel ? You are the first person ever to mention a kick starter. I would be game to have one if its a possible install. Again, it would make it even more unique even if never, or rarely, used.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
It really doesn't take more effort other than drilling a hole in an additional clutch housing and then sliding in the kickstarter unit. It's a very easy job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts