Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a couple different modifications this week to my girl with my pop supervising. Decided since its getting so cold out where in from id put her up in the lift and do a couple things I've been wanting to do when I have time. So far ive Changed the license plate light. I'm not a big fan at all of the stock blinkers they just seem bulky to me so I plan on switching stock ones over to the smaller ones posted in pics. And do the same to front ones. Why I have my tire off im gonna do a detailed cleaning real good, to the whole thing. Chain needs tightened Ive heard my headlight rattle a couple diffrent times I've rode but not every time. so I'm gonna figure out why it's doing that as well. Thought about a fuel filter? Not to sure yet.

·
Super Moderator
29,654 Posts
Nice work on the license plate holder. An inline fuel filter helps ensure any contaminants in the fuel don't reach the carb and mess it up. There are many small filters that will work.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
you will have trouble installing that filter unless you get more fuel line and coil it around under the tank - look for a smaller filter that has a 90 degree bend in it for a better fit

·
Registered
205 Posts
That bike is so clean looking, you're making me feel like I should rush out and polish some things :D

·
Super Moderator
29,654 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome deal you got! So many things you can do to make it different and yours. ive only had mine 3 months and have dome some small modifications and it makes appearance different and unique. Before vs. After and ive done stuff to it since that picture even.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome deal you got! So many things you can do to make it different and yours. ive only had mine 3 months and have dome some small modifications and it makes appearance different and unique. Before vs. After and ive done stuff to it since that picture even. View attachment 109578 View attachment 109579
Looks sharp. What have you changed other than the exhaust? Are those mirrors stock?

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also with my blinkers, I installed them and of course they lit up but didn't blink, almost like a running light, I tried a resister and that didn't even work so I ordered bulbs on Amazon that I couldn't find in any parts store and they're a simple product that does exactly what its supposed to. I switched the bulb from stock blinkers and they were blinking but bulb was to big for lens to cover it so I found smaller ones that worked, easy fix.
Looks sharp. What have you changed other than the exhaust? Are those mirrors stock?
Exhaust, rear blinkers, handlebar grips, paint job, license plate light, mirrors & small maintenance such as changed spark plugs, fuel filter, oil. I didnt like the stock mirrors I thought they just threw the bike off so I bought these skull hand ones off Amazon. I'm going to do the front blinkers next and sooner or later id like to do the forward foot controls and change the seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts