Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im kinda lost on what Im missing here but i cant screw in either of my side covers, can anyone provide pics of where both side covers screw in? Here are some pics of my situation, Dont know how in the world these were lost or knocked off the bike but i didnt notice it when i bought it...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks i kinda see now what im missing, just kind of lost on how id install the bracket back one i get one, kinda of crazy they are just gone, so confused lol

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
Were the side covers installed when you got the bike? If yes, the brackets should still be there. If you bought replacement side covers on ebay, unless they were OEM, they are probably Chinese made side covers designed to fit the dual carb Australian/Asian Rebels. They have to be modified to fit single carb Rebels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were just pushed into the rubber grommets with the pegs, both screw brackets are gone because who knows why, whoever worked on this bike before was just terrible, they mustve broke em off to get better access to the carb

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
Wow, that's really stupid of them. Some people shouldn't be allowed to work on anything mechanical. You might be able to find used replacements on ebay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man its pretty cringey how bad they butchered this poor bike lol, i found the bracket but at 35-50 bucks its gonna have to wait til larer j think

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah man its pretty cringey how bad they butchered this poor bike lol, i found the bracket but at 35-50 bucks its gonna have to wait til larer j think
Hey man I know this late as hell but, I was wondering if by any chance you could link those brackets because I'm missing them too!

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
See post number three above. You can order them from a dealer or online supplier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts