Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the stock mirrors? I hate the way they look. Not only are they huge and rectangular, but it is impossible to get them straight. They stick up like giant flags. I want something more oval or even round, and a bit lower. I have seen stock mirrors on other bikes I like, but I have discovered that oem mirrors are crazy expensive, and I have heard that cheaper aftermarket mirrors are mostly junk. I have already spent about as much on this bike in parts and accessories as I paid for the bike. On the other hand, I guess that is part of the fun of owning a bike. A couple of people have told me I'm crazy for putting money into a Rebel, but I like it.

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
Have you tried searching used motorcycle mirrors on ebay? Stock VN750 mirrors are round.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
Personally I like the flag type mirrors. It gives me a better view of what's behind me!
I've tried the round mirrors & went right back to the "flags".

Reactions: Yaatri

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
229 Posts
Myself, I purchased an oval, egg-shaped mirror. The thing is, it's convex. I wasn't sure about it, but I figured I'd try it on. I got the mirror aligned, and low and behold. No blind spot! The only thing I wasn't sure of is - should I have it on left side, the right side, or both. Right now it's on my left side.
It's made by BikeMaster. It's all metal, all chrome. The shaft has male threads on both ends. Oh, btw, I bought it at a garage sale for $3!, Not even sure if it would fit. It's on Amazon, (more than $3) I like it!
BikeMaster American Chrome Mirror CHRMU https://a.co/d/6Doh61j

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
950 Posts
Personally I'm a fan of the OEM rectangular mirrors. I have to admit to never having used different ones, but these give me all the rear-view information I need and I like that. I've never seen another mirror in a catalog that made me think it would be worth changing to..........but that's just my opinion and yours might vary.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
Again I will add, everyone needs, whether thet know it or not, anti-vibration mirror mounts on the Rebel. KLR650.com - Mirror Vibration Isolator has them, they work very well, and make it much easier to make out what you see behind you.
I have them on all of my small displacement motorcycles. You'll be as pleased with the results as I am.

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
I've had some Rebels whose mirrors didn't shake and some that shook so badly you couldn't see diddly in them. The rubber base on the stock mirror stem is there to help dampen vibration, but it isn't always effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts