Honda Rebel Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I Don't know if these still exist, or if they really work but this is for the stock 450 carbs, let me know what you guys think.

Good News on Carb Boots or Insulators or Holders
Good try and there is nothing wrong with trying. Unfortunately no they will not work on the CMX450 intake manifolds (insulators) these are a bread all there own, there is even a right and a left manifold. The CMX450 manifold in not interchangeable with any known motorcycle, not any of the CB models nor any of the CM models, and to make things even more difficult the intake port on the cylinder head is not center of the bolt holes. Thank the engineers for that one!

·
Registered
302 Posts
WOW! thank you so much! you saved me on that one! guess its back to the epoxy patch job for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi I got redirect on your post by another Rebel guy since I have the idea to install 2 Mikuni on my Rebel 450 as well. Anyhow I will install 2 external conical air filter, the orignal air box is gone!!!!
you did a very good job and I will keep posted on how mine is going

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been experimenting with a set of 30mm VM round slide Mikuni carburetors along with a set of 32mm VM round slide Mikuni carbs and I really can not tell any difference between the two sets. I am also well pleased with them as they keep the fuel ratio the same from one ride to the next and from one day to the next and from one week to the next. Both sets have be turned or machined to fit the Rebels stock insulators (carburetor mounts) and stock air box. I am not trying to convince anyone that these carbs are the answer to all your prays for they are not. These cars do not have an accelerator pump so the throttle needs to be rolled open rather than snapped open, the enricher (the choke) is an on – off affair which has not bothered me at all but can't be run in any part choke position but can be cable operated from the original choke lever. If you can live with these attributes then you will most likely enjoy any of these carburetors for they start well, idle well, have good throttle response, and are much lighter on the insulators. I will defiantly be running a set of Mikuni carbs on my Rebel 450 as I have been doing for over 2,000 miles now, because I just had to gave up on trying to get the stock carburetors to have any kind of consistency even after having three sets of the stock carbs. So either set of these Mikuni carbs are for sale. Pm (personal message) if interested
Hello old school I have an 86 Honda 450 Rebel and have just bought one set of stock carburetors let the dealer ruin so I took my original carburetors that were running to them to have them cleaned and they ruined those and started thinking about trying to do the Mikuni carburetor swap if it's not too much trouble for me to do as I am not a builder please advise me on the steps in trouble that I am facing

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,084 Posts
Hello old school I have an 86 Honda 450 Rebel and have just bought one set of stock carburetors let the dealer ruin so I took my original carburetors that were running to them to have them cleaned and they ruined those and started thinking about trying to do the Mikuni carburetor swap if it's not too much trouble for me to do as I am not a builder please advise me on the steps in trouble that I am facing
You may not get a reply from Old School as he hasn't signed onto the forum since 2016 three months after he listed 450 for sale..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts