Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all!

Just a random thought that I had today since I've also been helping a friend get into the world of modding bikes - Is there anyone out there running a Mikuni carb on their Rebel 250? I have a set on my CX and they rock, so wanted to see about doing the same for her bike. Either way I'm also looking into doing an air pod conversion eventually, so re-jetting will surely be in order soon

-Nick

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nick - If it has a 26 mm bore and fits the intake hose, I can't see anything wrong with it.

I seriously doubt you'll see any performance improvement. But then again … I'm no expert. I suppose it could be that certain carburetors could allow greater airflow through them (wide open throttle speaking). If it were that another carburetor could allow more air through it, and it were mixed properly with fuel, there could be a skosh more power. It's still going to be a Rebel though, likely below 20 hp in any case. The flip side to that is, I doubt the stock carburetor has any shortcomings to it regarding flowing substantial air through it at WOT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive been wondering the same thing as well. would anyone know where to get an intake manifold that will take mikuni style hoseclamp carbs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts