Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My name is Sam Vega and i'm new to the group. I'm a former Marine out of Camp Lejeune, N.C. by way of the 22nd MEU. I just recently purchased a Black 2006 Rebel with only 125 miles on her. I think i got really lucky on this one. It's my first motorcycle ever and i feel like this is the perfect size cruiser for me.

I plan on learning on the bike for a year or two and then progressing on to a bigger bike. But i want to keep the Rebel and turn it into a bobber bike. I look forward to meeting you guys on the road sometime and chatting with you guys.

Semper Fi!

Sam Vega

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Welcome, Sam. Thank you for your service to our country!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome Sam! Let me repeat what flite said...thanks for your service!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Yeah.. welcome.. glad you found us.. and definitely.. thank you for your service.....

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Welcome aboard Marine!.
The Rebel 250 is a great bike. Economical and reliable its easy on a budget. I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Good to have you and Ruha

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I got out of the Marines in 1969. The training has helped me throughout my life with a lot of the S*&^ I have put up with. It changes your whole outlook on life, You know you can handle anything that life can throw at you.
Simper Fi
Welcome again.

·
Banned
290 Posts
HUH Rah! I got discharged in '97 ... enjoy your rebel.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Semper Fi, and Thank You for your service.

Be sure and consider going to Basic Training again: Please consider the MSF Beginners Course just as important as your Boot School at Parris Island. Do your homework about a helmet and armored clothing. I'd sure hate to see you earn a Purple Heart AFTER your discharge !

TwinRing Wilson
2000 Rebel

·
Registered
497 Posts
welcome aboard hero and thank you for your service!!!
and yes I said hero any man or woman willing to give their all for country and family is a hero in my book!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will really enjoy it. And.....like the others said, Thank you for your service to our great county!!!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Welcome Sam. What makes your rebel a Marine Corp. Rebel? Does it have the Marine logo painted on the tank?
Also, be forewarned. Some very low mile, like new bikes have had engine issues with gummed up valves that stick open and bury themselves into the pistons. Food for thought.

·
Registered
497 Posts
see that's what I LOVE about this place!!! people are wonderfully nice and quick with good helpfull information

1 - 16 of 16 Posts