Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where can I find one of these for my 450?

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Click on the links in the post above yours, or google C. G. Enterprises.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I assumed that the link was specific to the 250. Thanks, I just placed my order.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just placed my order.
Once again, Google brings me right back here and to the post I need. haha

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just placed my order.
Once again, Google brings me right back here and to the post I need. haha
Ha ha, that's too funny!

This site does have a search engine you could always try.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I never have any luck with this sites search function. It doesn't seem to return results based on the best matches first.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never have any luck with this sites search function. It doesn't seem to return results based on the best matches first.
I agree, but I have found a few things with it. What size plug does a 450 take?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I usually try the forum's search, but Google typically gets me there faster and easier.
And it is typically more relevant to what I need as opposed to what is in the post.
For example, I was looking for starter problems, and the forum showed me every post with the word start in it. Helpful, but with 35,813 posts, that is a lot :p haha

Also, installing the Magnetic drain plug, should I wait till I change the oil?

I can see me unscrew the original one and oil going every where.... haha
A noob question, but better than having my oil go every where. lol

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Yes, wait until you drain the oil.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Be still, Grasshopper.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was just putzing around on eBay and GoldPlug.com is on there, and I saw that they have a magnetic oil dipstick, too. I love my drain plug. I haven't put the dipstick in just yet, but I can't wait!

Here's what 1,000 miles netted me:

I've been incredibly happy with my magnetic drain plug.

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Hate to say it, but that looks like an excessive amount of metal on the plug, especially for only 1,000 miles. Something bad may be going on inside your engine.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
Those are some pretty big chunks of metal on there. That's not really normal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Kind of my fear. Currently I'm dealing with an oil seal leak (the classic left-side dumping of the oil). Not sure what it could/would be though. I just know I pull a ton of crap every time I do an oil change.

Could it be my clutch? I've been having issues adjusting it lately, and had put on new clutch plates a while back without new clutch springs, I've just got the new clutch springs on it as of a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
That looks like bearing race galled material. Possibly mains or transmission shafts.
When ball bearings fail, you start getting little thin metal foil chips out of the surface of the bearing races where the balls roll.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
You always get a little metal stuff in an oil change. My rear hub has a magnetic plug in it and it always has a fine grey muck stuck to it. No big flakes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts