Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can ger a louder aftermarket exhaust for my 04 rebel cmx250c?
I googled two brothers but they didnt have anything other than a silencer tip which i have no idea why anyone woukd want to silence a 250 lmao.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
If your selling your old exhaust, I'd be interested. What price/condition and how much for shipping...

Blue Collar Bobbers maybe?...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is kinda bad i'd say its pitted underneath and where both sides come from the engine there pretty bad, plus the guy i bought it from said he found a video online about using ketchup and a scotchguard pad to get rust off so scratched all to hell. If I could find some that are a little louder and decent price i'd sell them though.

·
Super Moderator
30,601 Posts
Several members have used cocktail shaker mufflers. You can also increase exhaust noise by removing one or two of the OEM baffles. Use a metal cutting hole saw to remove the back of the muffler and pull the baffle(s) out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is kinda bad i'd say its pitted underneath and where both sides come from the engine there pretty bad, plus the guy i bought it from said he found a video online about using ketchup and a scotchguard pad to get rust off so scratched all to hell. If I could find some that are a little louder and decent price i'd sell them though.
I have a 2015 CMX250X with Jardine Slash Cuts (two into two). They are great, very loud and the bike is definitely peppier. I got mine at Dennis Kirk but you can prolly find them at Bike Bandit, JP Cycles, etc. Jardine is now owned by SuperTrapp out of Cleveland so if you need help finding a vendor dial them up.
** Note - I had to rejet my Keihin carb. I bought a kit online. I shimmed the needle jet and replaced the main jet (went from a 108 - to a 115 main jet). I replaced the size 38 pilot jet with a new jet of the same size. I live in NYC and elevation is a factor so your best bet is to go to https://carbjetkits.com/ and use their online tool to find the right kit (they're very cheap and very fast). Regarding the carb, rejetting is easy - getting the carb off the bike is laborious (no space to work) but do-able with lots of cursing. A dealer can do the rejetting too. Putting the pipes on is a no-brainer. 10 minutes. The pipes look sharp, make a racket and expose the left side of the bike making lubing the drive chain easier. I recommend the Jardines. Ride Safe. (PS, I have the original pipes in a box in my basement and could be persuaded to sell them).
Rebel.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pipes do look nice. I've been wanting to do my carbs just never done one before so im a litttle nervous about messing something up and either having to pay more to fix it or not be abke to ride for the rest of MI. Riding season

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
39 Posts
Does anyone know where i can ger a louder aftermarket exhaust for my 04 rebel cmx250c?
I googled two brothers but they didnt have anything other than a silencer tip which i have no idea why anyone woukd want to silence a 250 lmao.
I'm new to the forum, did you happen to get a louder exhaust yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i havnt but there is alot of people who buy an exhaust off of blue collar bobbers

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
39 Posts
No i havnt but there is alot of people who buy an exhaust off of blue collar bobbers
Absolutely do it I only had my bike 2 weeks before I changed mine. I bought the 250 exhaust kit from blue collar bobbers, I was iffy about it at first when my exhaust was off and I was chopping it off but as my dad says "they don't call it a chopper for nothing" 😜 the kit is a piece of cake I did it within an hour not knowing what the hell I was doing. I also ended up taking the mufflers out just to see if it was louder. It's a slight louder doing that too & that's just a bolt holding that in so it's easy to remove and easy to put back in if you didn't like it. When it was stock I was having a hard time telling what gear I was in sometimes when I ride next to someone else because I couldn't even hear my bike 🤣 also the speedometer doesn't have rpms on it so you can't hear when to shift next to anyone either so that helps it too. So I 100% recommend the kit. I was kinda shocked on how heavy the stock exhaust were compared to the cocktail shakers. It probably took 8 pounds off the bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i might have to check it out because I know what you mean about not being able to hear the stock pipes lol. But the speedo linda has an rpm gauge atleast mine does its not rpm it just kinda tells you when you should change gears on mine its the orange lines that are numbered 1-5 under i mean it I've never used them though lol

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
39 Posts
Yeah i might have to check it out because I know what you mean about not being able to hear the stock pipes lol. But the speedo linda has an rpm gauge atleast mine does its not rpm it just kinda tells you when you should change gears on mine its the orange lines that are numbered 1-5 under i mean it I've never used them though lol
The website says it will make it sound like an old triumph which is what my pops rides & it it honestly does. It's not obnoxious loud but it's loud enough. It's worth the money it comes with everything you need and super easy to install coming from someone who doesn't know hardly anything about motorcycle maintenance but I'm learning as a I go

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm new to the forum, did you happen to get a louder exhaust yet?
Silencer is British for mufflers - and baffles in the UK are called db killers. The tips are interchangeable on some silencers. On my Suzuki LS650 I can alternate between a bull nose or slash cut. I prefer the latter. In any event the type of tip is mainly a cosmetic issue. On my Delkevic pipe (on the Suzi) the tip is the expensive part as the silencer itself is a stainless steel housing. The baffle / db killer is is the main item and it comes with your choice of tip attached. You specify this at the time of purchase. I really miss my little Rebel but she hurt my bad back and so I sold her and bought the aforementioned Suzuki (an S40 Boulevard LS650). It's slightly taller and longer and the foot pegs are forward set so my knees no long sit on top of the gas tank. Of course the Suzi is also a 650 (a thumper) so she does move. I wish I could have kept the Reb but my wife said "you're not keeping three motorcycles in the driveway." FWIW I have a Delkevic silencer on my Royal Enfield as well. They make a really nice exhaust - either full or slip on - and the silencer comes with literally everything you need to fit it on your bike. Ride safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If your selling your old exhaust, I'd be interested. What price/condition and how much for shipping...

Blue Collar Bobbers maybe?...
I have the stock exhaust in my basement. Make me an offer. I'd have to check on the shipping. UPS is pretty much the only option. I'm not looking to scalp you - I want the pipes outta my basement! Ride safe.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
TAGFoto I sent you a PM!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts