Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
About 12 years ago I started to rebuild the 85 to 87 250 rebels then I got a 450 and really liked the way they ran. So I quite the 250's and started on the 450's about about 10 years ago and then found this rebel forum.
I am a pack rat so I still have a lot of the 85 to 87 parts I would like to get rid of. If anyone is interested in some used parts All I ask is pay a little something for my time and shipping to you.
Here are some pictures of the parts I have.
Thanks in advance for helping me get these parts out of my shed.

Attachments

Super Moderator
85-87 parts that generate real money:

1. head
2. foot peg and shifter
3. that's about it that can't be cross referenced or cross purposed
4. sell for scrap prices because not enough care about those old Rebels anymore
5. hold for the 8th wave of parts rejuve
6. profit
7. museum

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry no carbs. A couple of intake manifolds though.

Registered
Any engines? I would like to have one for overhaul without having my bike down for a while.

Also, are those front footpegs? For a 1st Gen?

Registered
I still have a lot of the 85 to 87 parts I would like to get rid of.
Do you have handlebar risers for a '85 250cmx...needs to have side hole for the turn signal stem...and maybe the nut the stem threads into?

Registered
I'm looking for the Speedo mounting ring and bucket, I've got a former MSF trainer bike and somebody must have flipped the damn thing.

Also if you have a 1st Gen headlight I need one for my father in law's bike.

Registered
I'm looking for the Speedo mounting ring and bucket, I've got a former MSF trainer bike and somebody must have flipped the damn thing.
From experience I can tell you that a training bike will have a history of MANY low speed or stopped stepoff type accidents that result in them being a bit dog-eared looking, but don't cause any serious damage. This type of accident happens on virtually every course with 12-16 students. Every once in a long while though, a student will pull off a real mind bending crash resulting in a laydown, flip or a nose over, that results in significant rider injury and/or significant damage to the bike. If those bikes could talk, they'd have a lot of gory stories to tell. :lol2:

Registered
From experience I can tell you that a training bike will have a history of MANY low speed or stopped stepoff type accidents that result in them being a bit dog-eared looking, but don't cause any serious damage. This type of accident happens on virtually every course with 12-16 students. Every once in a long while though, a student will pull off a real mind bending crash resulting in a laydown, flip or a nose over, that results in significant rider injury and/or significant damage to the bike. If those bikes could talk, they'd have a lot of gory stories to tell. :lol2:
As a RiderCoach I've seen people do things on a motorcycle I would have otherwise thought impossible.

Premium Member
As a RiderCoach I've seen people do things on a motorcycle I would have otherwise thought impossible.
...and as a rider coach having witnessed numerous said events, you acquired one of those range bikes anyways?

:D

Reactions: 01-7700 and kryton

Registered
...and as a rider coach having witnessed numerous said events, you acquired one of those range bikes anyways?

:D
a free bike is a free bike.

Registered
We have a few XT250's in our fleet I wouldn't mind having. They are a bit dog-eared, but I wouldn't feel so bad dumping one of these in the dirt as I would a brand new shiny one. And they are great fun to ride.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. A machine shop might be able to install time serts in the existing head if no one here has one. Have you tried ebay?

Registered

Also if you have a 1st Gen headlight I need one for my father in law's bike.
Believe it or not, I got a headlight bulb from Auto zone here in Colorado Springs a few years ago.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone is interested in 85 to 87 250 parts?? i just want them gone pay for shipping and they are yours!!
Look at what I have posted and if you want anything let me know or it goes to the dump.
Thanks In advance

Super Moderator
I hesitate to ask since I'm becoming a motorcycle parts hoarder, but any idea how many pounds of parts you have, and how many boxes it would take to ship them in?

Super Moderator
or pack a large flat rate priority box with as much as will fit (up to 70 lbs) for $18 - use ebay or some other service to get commercial pricing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts