Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While Working on my basement the other day i needed to get some hooks so I jumped on the rebel and went to home.depot... once I was getting ready to leave the parking lot my front brake lost all pressure... i was like.. what?? So I moved it slowly and depressed the brake lever again and got some pressure so I went home... parked it in the garage and went to finish my basement stuff.

2 days latter I went to check on the bike and see what was the issue... well the caliper is hanging on just the upper bolt and this upper bolt is pretty loose, how coukd thi have happened? Been riding it for 1 year never touched the caliper.

Anyways from the partzilla diagram Honda Motorcycle 1987 OEM Parts Diagram for Front Brake-Caliper | Partzilla.com

Seems that I need number 20.

Can you guys confirm??

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
That's it. You need a 10X40mm flange bolt. Could probably get by with a standard bolt and add a flat washer, probably available at a hardware store. As to why it fell out, these bikes vibrate quite a bit. I like to use blue thread locker to minimize the issue.

There's a reason Honda recommends checking all fasteners periodically (every 4,000 miles?). Have to admit I don't do that, but it's not a bad suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
This is also why I like blue threadlock. I also appreciate how the Honda company uses bolts from ULOC, which makes a good acronym "Use Thead Lock or Crash". In this case, it could've been very true.
Happy that you noticed it & arrived home safe to find the problem.
Just to add, never use the red, you'll never get it off without breaking stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts