Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
That is an awesome garage, I'd live in it if it were mine.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hell I just want to hang the silver surfer in mine when I get one. The wife won't let me hang on in the house.

same here. I have a very cool silver surfer poster. My wife hates it.

As for that garage, too much clutter and wasted space.

And no basketball hoop.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Cool! But I'd do mine differently. Way too much weight to be lifting on that porch and I'd have to bolt the chairs down... :-(

Lot of wasted space in that garage. I'd built a loft and have a bike elevator built in. But the ceiling on the lower floor would still be high enough to hang all the model airplanes and such. And the boats would have to go.

And if I had the money to build that, I wouldn't go cheap and use them stupid shelves (which I have a dozen of the same danged things). I build some nice looking cabinets onto the walls. And nicer furniture with an area rug underneath. lol.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Cool! But I'd do mine differently. Way too much weight to be lifting on that porch and I'd have to bolt the chairs down... :-(

Lot of wasted space in that garage. I'd built a loft and have a bike elevator built in. But the ceiling on the lower floor would still be high enough to hang all the model airplanes and such. And the boats would have to go.

And if I had the money to build that, I wouldn't go cheap and use them stupid shelves (which I have a dozen of the same danged things). I build some nice looking cabinets onto the walls. And nicer furniture with an area rug underneath. lol.
I'm sure there are more practical ways of doing it. Gotta wonder how often anything goes in or out of the garage with a perfectly manicured lawn in front of it. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Not to mention those theft deterrent glass entry doors...

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
kinda of reminds me of a small aircraft hanger.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
kinda of reminds me of a small aircraft hanger.

My hangar does NOT look that nice. (But it does have two airplanes in it)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm sure there are more practical ways of doing it. Gotta wonder how often anything goes in or out of the garage with a perfectly manicured lawn in front of it. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I wondered about the lawn as well, but they may have these in the ground:

Hastings Architectural: Checker Block

I'm looking at something like this for the area just in front of my house. Dirt driveway, steep and curved and would cost ~$35000-45000 to properly pave it. I thought something like this on the flat part by the house would be nice. Keep the dirt in the house down, too. The rest of it can stay dirt.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
My hangar does NOT look that nice. (But it does have two airplanes in it)
Wow lucky you!!! I would love to learn to fly but I'm sure I could never afford a plane much less 2.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Looks like a yard sale needs to be suggested

World's Coolest Garage? - YouTube
I am guessing that this person lives in some type of condo with VERY STRICT no garages allowed rules! Sometimes HOA's push people to do some very inventive things to bypass the rules and still get what they want!:whistling::lol2:;)

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Yeah, I wondered about the lawn as well, but they may have these in the ground:

Hastings Architectural: Checker Block

I'm looking at something like this for the area just in front of my house. Dirt driveway, steep and curved and would cost ~$35000-45000 to properly pave it. I thought something like this on the flat part by the house would be nice. Keep the dirt in the house down, too. The rest of it can stay dirt.
Here's some other variations on that theme: Gridworks SBC :: HOME, Porous Paving Grids | Grass Pavers | Parking Lots | Permeable Pavement | Grass Pave, Grassy Paver Applications

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Wow lucky you!!! I would love to learn to fly but I'm sure I could never afford a plane much less 2.
Radio control planes don't cost that much, nor do they take up a lot of space.

Oh, wait...you want to actually be IN the flying machine... ;)

I am guessing that this person lives in some type of condo with VERY STRICT no garages allowed rules! Sometimes HOA's push people to do some very inventive things to bypass the rules and still get what they want!:whistling::lol2:;)
That's a mighty impressive bit of land for a condo...

but I wouldn't rule out the HOA end of that statement.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
Yes I want to be in the plane. I just don't get the same rush standing on the ground watching it fly. I don't care for video games either I would much rather be driving a car then playing a race car game. I have always been an adrenaline junkie since I was a little kid though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would just like a nice 6 cars addition to our shop, less grass to mow and more cars and bikes to park all I need is to get hubby to go along with the idea...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
yes, we own two planes, but my aircraft haven't been out of the hangar in a long long time. Got a kid in med school, business has been way too slow, and the cost of flying is 6x what it was when I learned to fly 20 years ago.

And trying to keep a 65 year old airplane and a 35 year old airplane in flying condition is not cheap. Not to mention pilot medicals, flight reviews, etc etc.

So, the planes stay in the hangar for now, and we get our need for speed kicks on motorcycles. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts