Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a custom Corbin double saddle on my bike. People talk about the Corbin as if it's the most comfortable saddle in the world. Well.............mine isn't! When I bought it, I had them take some "height" out of it in hopes my little 4'9" wife could ride it..............but even with lowering the saddle, she still couldn't touch the ground. So I'm assuming my saddle has much less padding than one those folks brag about. In fact, I'm getting to where if I have to spend more than an hour straight in the saddle I'm cussing it. Tired of bruised "sit-bones". When I get off the bike there are two distinct indentations left from my bony butt. So it's time for a pad. Every pad on the market "claims" to be the "best". Buy one and your "sitter" will thank you for buying it. I've tried reading reviews, but they all sound as if they are written by the folks selling the pads!!!!! I'm kind of considering the AirHawk cushion that fit's my saddle. But they are all so danged expensive, I'd like to hear some opinions from folks here on the forum who use seat pads.

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,806 Posts

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,806 Posts
Well, this is what my '85 looks like (green).
And this is what my '86 looks like with these seats on them (blue).
The kind of seat is mentioned in this post. New winter project for me too!
The tail light needs to move back for this seat to be installed.

Attachments

· Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, gotchya! Looks as if both of those would be extremely comfortable.........................but I'm not in the market for a new(er) seat because there's little or no $$$ in the coffers! :D I'm just looking for a pad to put on top of my seat. (and at the prices I'm seeing there doesn't seem like there's enough in the coffers to afford even that!)

· Premium Member
3,806 Posts
The one on my '85 was a rubbish pick, and the one on my '86, I think I paid $55 for it. Both used but GREAT for all day riding. Especially as we almost always ride 2-up.

· Super Moderator
32,891 Posts
I have a used Mustang seat I bought at an estate sale but have no idea what it came off of. Will sell for cheap if interested. Also, a Suzuki (C-50?) seat can be adapted to fit the CMX250. There's a thread on how to do it by Jim Wilson but I can't find it. that seat is huge and looks really comfortable.

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
How long have you had the Corbin? A new Corbin needs to be broken in and that takes a few hundred miles, meaning if all you're doing is a quick trip to the corner store you're not breaking it in. Burn a gallon per sitting a few times and it'll be the best thing since sliced bread.

· Registered
37 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

My air seat was on it when I got it 12,000 mile ago-in ‘06. It inflates or deflates to my liking. I wasn’t a big fan at first. Now I wouldn’t want another kind, really.
It took me until last year (when I finally took the seat off) to realize that the original seat might be under it. So, basically it’s an air bladder with a valve like on a sleeping pad that you twist open and close, wrapped with a fuzzy cover like sheeps wool, that wraps around and is attached to the underside of the seat.
What I like about now is that being taller at 6’, I can sit back on the crack when I want to stretch out a bit. It also raises me up, which gives more leg room.

· Registered
37 Posts
It’s comfy, to an extent….
If you don’t want to spend much, the intention here is that you can wrap your seat with what you like. Custom style.
My seat is just an air bladder adhered to the factory seat with a cover attached to the underside.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't much care for the Mustang seat on the spouses Rebel, and I had mine done by a reputable seat builder here in Washington. Yes, it was $$, but now its a 500 mile a day bike instead of a 50 mile a day bike.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts