Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2013 250 that is smoking like it’s the 60’s. I believe I know what the issue is and plan on doing four things.
1. Rejetting the carb. It’s currently stock and for the southwest during the summer; it’s just not cutting it.
2.Replace the valve guide seals.
3. Replace the pistons and rings.
4. Replacing the cable choke with a pull choke. I believe I’ve seen a thread somewhere about the 250 Nighthawk having a pull choke that would fit into the carburetor.

My biggest issue however is finding these things whether it be stock or aftermarket. I’ve searched for a few weeks now and have been turning up empty handed. Any recommendations or links would be greatly appreciated.
Also, are there any PDF’s of the service manual? It’s 2022, there’s gotta be one somewhere right?

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you want to replace pistons, measure the originals first. If usable (99% sure they are), reuse them with new rings.
A pull choke is easy to be found on Aliexpress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
One last question, my carb doesn’t have a air/fuel adjustment screw. It only has that brass cap where the adjustment screw should be.

Will an adjustment screw from a earlier year fit my carb? Or is there something else I would need to do to adjust the air/fuel mixture?

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
In the later model Rebels, they modified the air/fuel screw and put a cap over it to keep folks from messing with it. There is a screw under your cap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the later model Rebels, they modified the air/fuel screw and put a cap over it to keep folks from messing with it. There is a screw under your cap.
Ah, gotcha, but how do you adjust it? Mine looks like a circle with a flat end if that makes sense. It doesn’t seem like there’s anyway to twist it.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,387 Posts
you drill a small hole in brass cap, screw in a screw while twisting/pulling cap out which exposes A/F screw..
Motor vehicle Font Parallel Art Paper

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, and I'm wondering why it's necessary to rejet because it's hot where you are?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you drill a small hole in brass cap, screw in a screw while twisting/pulling cap out which exposes A/F screw..
View attachment 114415
Right, except I’ve gotten the cap out but there’s nothing to actually turn the A/F screw. The cap is out and then there is just a piece that looks like one side of a circle was shaved down. There’s no way to actually turn it unless I’m also missing another piece which could be entirely possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not a mechanic, and I'm wondering why it's necessary to rejet because it's hot where you are?
So I’ve been told in Phoenix you should rejet if your bike runs lean and due to the summer temps getting to 115+.
I also checked carbjetkits.com and used their jet calculator and it gave me a 110 and 40. I’m also ordering a shim just in case but I’ve seen good reviews of that website on here so I assume it’s trusted.

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts