Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new here cause my love for my 86 rebel 250 limited edition. It was my first street bike and regret ever getting rid of it!!
I was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago so I'm on a mission to find one cheap I can fix up before it's too late. Not looking for perfect but would prefer it's atleast running. I also hope to find an 85 or 86 kind of on the cheaper end due to my medical bills.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see some nice runners on the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
I'm so sorry about the cancer, hope you can beat it. I saw one for about $2,500 up in Boston about a month ago. I didn't get it. I haven't seen one since. If you check Craigslist nationwide that's where I saw it.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum
wish you luck in your search

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
I hadn't realized you just joined. A hearty welcome to you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so sorry about the cancer, hope you can beat it. I saw one for about $2,500 up in Boston about a month ago. I didn't get it. I haven't seen one since. If you check Craigslist nationwide that's where I saw it.
Thanks!! I'm in PA and can't travel too far. There was one near me for $800 back before my diagnosis, but I lost the guys contact info. I should've grabbed it then. My plan is to get one road worthy and leave it for my daughter as a starter bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Stay strong!

There is an '85 currently for sale in NH - $500 asking price. I would snag it if it was closer.

·
Super Moderator
30,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum from someone in remission. While production of the "limited" edition wasn't really limited, Rebels from that era aren't as numerous as successive model years. I haven't seen a limited edition for sale in quite some time. If you are facing a time crunch, and a limited search area, you may have to settle on a newer model. Some parts for the first generation Rebels (1985-87) are no longer available, which may be a consideration if your daughter plans to keep the bike.

Edit: this sounds too good to be true, but if legit may be what you are looking for. 1986 Honda Rebel 250 - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

And here's the entire search: philadelphia motorcycles/scooters - craigslist

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
The LTD edition is finally, truly, limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum from someone in remission. While production of the "limited" edition wasn't really limited, Rebels from that era aren't as numerous as successive model years. I haven't seen a limited edition for sale in quite some time. If you are facing a time crunch, and a limited search area, you may have to settle on a newer model. Some parts for the first generation Rebels (1985-87) are no longer available, which may be a consideration if your daughter plans to keep the bike.

Edit: this sounds too good to be true, but if legit may be what you are looking for. 1986 Honda Rebel 250 - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

And here's the entire search: philadelphia motorcycles/scooters - craigslist
Thank you for the info. I emailed the ad. The reason I want to stay with the 85-86 limited is because the gold plated shocks, valve covers, etc and the graphics/decals. Those details really set the bike off beautifully. I don't know how easy those details are to order anymore but hope not scarce!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
those parts are pretty much unobtainable - there was a thread not too long ago about reprinting the decals

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Here it is

and the original

·
Registered
2002 Rebel 250, 2008 Nighthawk 250
2 Posts
Hello. I'm new here cause my love for my 86 rebel 250 limited edition. It was my first street bike and regret ever getting rid of it!!
I was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago so I'm on a mission to find one cheap I can fix up before it's too late. Not looking for perfect but would prefer it's atleast running. I also hope to find an 85 or 86 kind of on the cheaper end due to my medical bills.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see some nice runners on the forum!!!
There's an '86 Special Edition in Mansfield, OH on Facebook Marketplace for $2100 right now. Looks to be in excellent condition. 2400 miles. The ad says "Runs great needs nothing" and says he still has the owner's manual and tool kit.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts