Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tooling down the road today enjoying my ride and signaled to change lanes and noticed my dashboard light kind of winked and blinked very unlike it's supposed to. When I got on a side road a little later I started messing with it and it finally just refused to operate. Right signal works as it was "hired" to do. Got home and put the bike in the garage and turned off the engine. With the engine not running I noticed a loud BUZZ from under the seat when I actuated the left turn position on the switch. 馃槨 I have one of those pulsating brake light boxes under the seat and that seemed to be where the sound was coming from. Guess I'm going to have to pull the backrest and Corbin Saddle to get to it.

Anyone with one of those pulsators ever experience this problem? Or am I (as usual) the only person who has ever experienced this particular problem? 馃槃

Super Moderator
Pulsating brake light box? So it causes the brake to flash/strobe? If it's the problem, 1157 bulbs that flash on their own are an easy install. Can't find the one I ordered but there are a bunch on ebay: 1157 flash strobe | eBay

Reactions: Chris C

Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
There should be no interconnection between brake light circuit and turn signal be it left or right other than both circuits are powered via the 10A turn/horn fuse which supplies power for all electrical components excluding the headlight which has it's own 10A fuse..
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Diagram

You will find flasher relay under seat as well.
if only the left side is acting up my assumption is problem is within left signal circuit, bulb, or bulb ground..

Reactions: Chris C

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million SoakedKarma. Would be great if it was just the flasher.

Thanks for the link flitecontrol. While I'm in the "Belly of the Whale" I might just pull that pulser out and install a strobe bulb.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, just an update.

Turns out the culprit was the cheapo Chinese LED strips. The bulbs were falling off the strips and causing all the problems. Replaced all the strips in the new Trunk with mo-gooder quality strips and all is well. Had the repair shop take out the stop light pulser and I'm going to put in strobe light like flightcontrol recommended.

Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
We've all Fallen victim to the old statement:
'Those that buy something for a little bit less that's a little bit cheaper, are willing victims!'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts