Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a new bucket and light assembly and fork mounts.. do I have to change anything or can I just wire it up and go?

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Lack of a reply is due to insufficient information...

Picture...better description...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the one I bought. I'm hoping to just be able to wire it straight into the wires that go to the original headlight.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
It would appear that's all you have to do. Wire it straight in.

If it uses more than 55 watts I would not use it. That's for years 1996 and up.

If your Reb is an 80's model, don't use any light over 50 watts.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Your good to go!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update for everyone... The headlight is in no issues I decided to wire in the h4 connection. This light made a hugeeeee difference!

·
Registered
17 Posts
OP: Do you mind posting your impression of this headlight. I am planning on getting a better headlight for my daughter's bike and wondering how easy/difficult the install was and did you do any modification and how bright it is compared to the OEM. Thank You in advance.

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
MSK59, I'll let the OP respond, but if you haven't seen them, there are several threads for LED h4 bulbs that are plug and play for the second generation Rebels. This is what several forum members have in their bikes: H4 9003 HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs High Low Beam 50W 6500K White CSP Fanless | eBay If you get this, remove the rubber boot in the headlight bucket. Install might take 15 minutes, if that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great, Thank You flitecontrol. I will go that route. I noticed the Rebel wiring is old school and the current bulbs make the glass of the headlight fairly hot so LED would be much better.

·
Registered
1985 CMX 250C, 1982 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly.
30 Posts
Thank you for this. I was contemplating putting an LED head lamp on mine. Now it's ordered & on the way.
There is no such thing as a stupid question.... unless it's never asked.
Many others are thinking the same thought, just afraid to appear foolish. The wisest person is also humble enough to ask.
Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts