Honda Rebel Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
open the metal bail that holds the collar of the halogen H4 bulb into the light.

Remove the plastic 3-tab collar from the LED bulb, it is a 1/8 turn twist lock.
(you will never get the metal retaining bail around the led bulb it if you don't separate these)

Place the plastic 3-tab collar in the headlight reflector and close up the wire bail that holds the lip/collar in place.

Orient the headlight reflector so you know which way is "up" and insert the bulb so that the low-beam element reflector is oriented "down" (under the led's reflecting their light upwards).
about a 1/8 turn to the left and you should feel the lugs on the bulb find the channels in the collar, then about a 1/8 turn to the right and you should feel it seat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
open the metal bail that holds the collar of the halogen H4 bulb into the light.

(you will never get the metal retaining bail around the led bulb it if you don't separate these)

Place the plastic 3-tab collar in the headlight reflector and close up the wire bail that holds the lip/collar in place.

Orient the headlight reflector so you know which way is "up" and insert the bulb so that the low-beam element reflector is oriented "down" (under the led's reflecting their light upwards).
about a 1/8 turn to the left and you should feel the lugs on the bulb find the channels in the collar, then about a 1/8 turn to the right and you should feel it seat.
Oh my gosh, thank you so much.

I'm pretty sure the low-beam element reflector is probably facing the wrong way as well lol... This was super helpful!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
this might help with understanding the orientation....

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
this might help with understanding the orientation....
Kryton, you're a lifesaver.

Installed it the right way just now while on lunch break, and it's perfect! Took the rubber out! It took a little finagling with the metal bracket, but it worked!

Loving my new LED light! Super bright!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Beamtech light, its power, is much appreciated with my night riding. However, the high beam went out in November, after about six months use. I installed the 2nd bulb, and so far still good. I'm not judging Beamtech harshly as the roads here are rough. Will send an update later.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Followup after many months

Beamtech LED is still working well. My complaint earlier was probably due to my dirty headlight switch, which I cleaned, having recent problems.

Apologies for not testing the prior Beamtech with a battery. Beamtech is clear, focused, bright and reliable.

The Beamtech light, its power, is much appreciated with my night riding. However, the high beam went out in November, after about six months use. I installed the 2nd bulb, and so far still good. I'm not judging Beamtech harshly as the roads here are rough. Will send an update later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't Install Upside Down

Just a reminder to everyone the importance to follow kryton's last line closely. The low-beam reflector has to be down! Otherwise the bulb is in upside down. I bought a pair of these for my Rebel and Yamaha XV250 as both use H4's and accidentally put one in backwards on the first try without noticing. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
will these bulbs work in a 99?
No
The parts fiche for a 99 shows a sealed beam for your headlight,

This is a replacement for the H4 Halogen bulb which is in the 2001-2016 rebels.

unless you (or PO) have replaced your headlight assembly.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Actually the change occurred mid-year. I replaced the sealed beam headlight in my 2001 Rebel with one from Jack's Rebel Warehouse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put one of these bulbs on my Rebel it's now been a year working great, after driving 2500 miles not once has someone pulled out in front of me!

Many Thanks.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts