Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my new 12V turn signals on and they don't flash. Can I use a new LED flasher relay? The lights are not LED. why won't they flash? they did before I swiped them out? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,387 Posts
Flasher may have gone bad, fuse may have blown, battery may not have enough energy to activate flasher.
I can think of other possibilities as well..

Do they light and not flash? Not light at all? do you have voltage at flasher?

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,161 Posts
You should be able to use an electronic flasher. They support both incandescent & LED lights. They flash regardless of load.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,161 Posts
Before buying an electronic flasher, it would be wise to check the various threads about this. Some have had electronic flashers that do not work with our system. I've been fortunate in that every one that I've tried has worked great.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
I also use a three prong. The third prong is unused at the present time. When the Flasher fails on the one side, I will then move the one wire to the unused side of the Flasher. It's Kind of like having a spare fuse.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,387 Posts
Mine takes a 2 prong. What do you do with the third prong?
The only reason to consider three prong flasher relay would be if you are installing LED turn signal lights..
Both left and right turn signal use the same dash indicator bulb, adding LED turn signals requires rewiring indicator bulb circuit for it to work properly..
Use of three prong flasher is one method of rewiring..
Installing a pair of diodes, used with two prong flasher relay is another way of rewiring dash indicator bulb..
These wiring modifications are only needed IF you install LED turn signals on the 250cc Rebel..

Reactions: Yazman
1 - 13 of 13 Posts