·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, installed them at 11 pm last night and it was raining. Today should be dry and I plan on putting on a few miles. I will get a few shots of the lights outside the shop.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used them on my trip to FL and TX. They were ok but just not the look I was shooting for so I took them off and built a set from salvage parts. I just need to get the 3watt LED bulbs to fit the socket. Look in my pictures and you will see the upgrade.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did these lights work out in the dark?
sorry didn't answer this one... the LEDs did not provide any extra light per se. You did notice a bit of blue glow on the road signs as you got within a few hundred yards, but hving any real candle power or lighting ability, nill...

The greatest effect, and one that was commented on by others that I rode with, is that they did make me more visible. And in reality that was all I was really after. Same with the current setup. Not really used for seeing, but rather being seen.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looking forward to seeing them this weekend. LED running lights are the one accessory I have not added that I would like to have. Well, and floorboards. Okay, and maybe highway pegs. :rolleyes:

I totally agree: extra lights up front are about being seen. I have never had a problem with seeing at night on the Rebel.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looked at those, really really expensive. My objection to them is the asthetics. If you don't mind the square black body and don't mind the cost, then you are golden.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The more I look at them the more I agree. Something similiar and a bullet shaped body, fork mountable would be sweet. Otherwise, yeah, they're BLOCKY.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been working on something similar. I bought a set of driving lights at Wal Mart for about $20.00. They use a H-3 halogen bulb that is 55 watts. I found a H-3 LED relpacement for $8.00 on line and have ordered a set. When the arrive I will post photos. I am going for a mini sportster with passsing lamps look and more interested in being seen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't seem to find out from the link you provided, how to buy and install these driving lights for my Rebel 250.
Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A little off topic but is the 2009 rebels headlight an H4 bulbe type?
And how big is it (inches).

Leds is genious.
But good driving lights are costly :(

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
I can't seem to find out from the link you provided, how to buy and install these driving lights for my Rebel 250.
Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum, cleopold. Which lights were you referring to, the $299 ones or the $20 type cagie installed as shown in the first post?

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
A little off topic but is the 2009 rebels headlight an H4 bulbe type?
And how big is it (inches).

Leds is genious.
But good driving lights are costly :(
Yes, it has an H4 bulb. Not sure of the lens diameter (too lazy to go look).

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Lens diameter for '01's and later is 5 3/4".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found a set at the auto parts store for $20. Read about it here

I has a set of these and the LEDs started going out one by one. I bought a set of driving lamps at Wal Mart for $20.00. Then I found a H3 LED replacement bulb on the web. I installed them and the look great. They do not give much extra light, but I like the Harley passing lamp look and I am much easier to see at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
sorry didn't answer this one... the LEDs did not provide any extra light per se. You did notice a bit of blue glow on the road signs as you got within a few hundred yards, but hving any real candle power or lighting ability, nill...

The greatest effect, and one that was commented on by others that I rode with, is that they did make me more visible. And in reality that was all I was really after. Same with the current setup. Not really used for seeing, but rather being seen.
A friend of mine just put a set on her bike and they do make the bike more noticeable, by about a block at night,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts