Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone who has bobed thier Rebel has put on a larger front wheel? Larger than the stock 18 and yes, the fender would need to be modified/fabricated. Just wondering if its possible? Anyone done it? Pics?
Thanks.

Super Moderator
anything is possible - why not? look into Buchanan Spokes online - they may already have the specs or can develop them

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
anything is possible - why not? look into Buchanan Spokes online - they may already have the specs or can develop them
Thats kind of what I was thinking, anything is possible. I was hoping someone has gone down that road and can offer some advice or products. Thanks for the reply! I will certainly look into it that company.

Super Moderator
Thats kind of what I was thinking, anything is possible. I was hoping someone has gone down that road and can offer some advice or products. Thanks for the reply! I will certainly look into it that company.
you're probably looking at $300 - 400 to make it happen but you want to do it right since it's your life depending on that front rim

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps a better question to ask is, what are the "specs" for the new wheel I would be looking for?

Super Moderator
There are a number of ways to go. First, to decide on what size rim you want. Then if you want to buy a new rim or fit something from another bike. Will you reuse the front hub or go with all new? A new hub will create a number of fabrication issues but fewer spec matching issues. If you go with the current hub, you'll need to match the number of spokes and pattern. The spokes will be longer obviously and that's where Buchanans comes in - they can calculate the spoke length for you. You also have a number of choices on spoke materials and design.

Replacing the fender is another issue. The fender provides stiffness between the forks that you'll want to maintain for proper handling.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Great info there thank you. As for what rim I want to put on, I would want to go with the path of least resistance, not sure which option that is.
As for the fender, I understand another form of bracing will be required and will be looking at that. Front end with be the most challenging part of this build.
thanks.
There are a number of ways to go. First, to decide on what size rim you want. Then if you want to buy a new rim or fit something from another bike. Will you reuse the front hub or go with all new? A new hub will create a number of fabrication issues but fewer spec matching issues. If you go with the current hub, you'll need to match the number of spokes and pattern. The spokes will be longer obviously and that's where Buchanans comes in - they can calculate the spoke length for you. You also have a number of choices on spoke materials and design.

Replacing the fender is another issue. The fender provides stiffness between the forks that you'll want to maintain for proper handling.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
More great info, thanks. Will go over that information for sure!
Look here for one fork brace option: https://www.hondarebelforum.com/f18/fork-brace-19581.html

You are probably looking to do away with the front fender, but the CM250 (Rebel predecessor) front fender tabs are much longer/higher than the Rebel's. One of those could be fitted to the larger wheel and provide bracing. I've got a chrome one on mine. You can see part of it in this pic. https://www.hondarebelforum.com/members/1025-albums5557-picture40533.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts